Dan J.S.

Default Wow! I'm more popular than I thought....

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
k.net...
Dan J.S. wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message

On Sat, 20 May 2006 12:14:04 -0500, "Dan J.S." wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
egroups.com...

I went to the mail box today and got five (5!) credit card applications
in the mail. Last week I recieved three (3!). Last month I recieved
at least another five (5!) Citibank, Mastercard, Visa. They keep
sending them to me for some reason. Since my first wife showed me what
plastic money was made for I haven't had a credit card in almost 30
years, and have lived well enough without one, and really don't plan on
getting one. I would think that the CC companies would take the hint
and quit sending them, but eh...thats ok, I usually put their stuff
back in the post paid envelope enclosed and send it back to them. After
all, they may as well get rid of their own junk mail instead of me.

But every once in a while I'll pull the "sample" cards, and give them
to my nephew, who likes to cut them up and use them for guitar picks.
He likes them because of the raised lettering,. He says he can grip
them better than a standard pick. I wouldn't know because I'm a bass
player and play finger-style only.

I'm simply humored by whats in the mailbox daily.....

I hope the weather is good tomorrow, cause I'm putting the boat on the
muffs and cleaning it tonight....

I am reverse of you. I dont even know what cash feels like, since I use
credit cards to pay for everything. This gives me many advantages, free
gas,
free travel, upgraded hotel rooms, etc. The key is to pay the off each
month.

I even buy all my food with the Visa. I'm getting a 1.5% rebate every
month, which isn't great, but it's free money!

exactly.. i have also started buying all my company's IT purchases on my
credit card. Over $500,000 a year. Nice return, even at 1%.

Do you own the company? $500K is a lot for a non-owner to spend on his
personal credit card. I spend roughly $350K, but it's my company. I take
the air miles. I have almost a million with United alone.

Dan

No, I am one of the officers at this company, and have some stock ownership,
but less than 3%. They are just cool with it.

Dan Krueger

JimH wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
ink.net...

JimH wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
link.net...

Dan J.S. wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
om...

On Sat, 20 May 2006 12:14:04 -0500, "Dan J.S."
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
oglegroups.com...

[...]

There are brokers who will pay you for your miles. We took a vacation to
Sanibel, Florida paid for entirely by excess airline miles I cashed in.

How do you transfer them?

Via written contract.

I have roughly two million with just three airlines - about half are
United. Got a link?

The guy was out of Denver. We sold at maybe $.02/mile. I will see if I
still have his card, but this was probably 10 years ago.

Here are some current links:

http://www.airline-awards.com/

http://www.ffdepot.com/

http://www.mrmileage.com/

http://www.awardtraveler.com/sell.asp

http://www.sellyourpoints.com/

Google "sell airline miles" and you will find more. ;-)

Thanks. I'll save this for the weekend!

Dan
JimH

JimH wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Dan J.S. wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
news:jpvu625f7s1k8aoj2q60nku1o80na6p57h@4ax. com...

On Sat, 20 May 2006 12:14:04 -0500, "Dan J.S."
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
ooglegroups.com...

[...]

Sorry. I never found his card.................I obviously tossed it after
the sale.

I would not hesitate to take advantage of selling airline miles......it
worked flawlessly for us, was not much work and paid for a nice vacation.

It looks like an all expenses paid super vacation is in your future. ;-)

Dan Krueger

JimH wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
thlink.net...

[...]