Default Photo link

Thanks to Smithers' recommendation, I was able to put up a few
"progress" photos of my general overhaul at:

http://www.pbase.com/gould/extreme_makeover

Don White

wrote:
Thanks to Smithers' recommendation, I was able to put up a few
"progress" photos of my general overhaul at:

http://www.pbase.com/gould/extreme_makeover

That's quite a project. You should standout...even in Seattle.
Wayne.B

On 15 May 2006 06:55:39 -0700, "
wrote:

Thanks to Smithers' recommendation, I was able to put up a few
"progress" photos of my general overhaul at:

http://www.pbase.com/gould/extreme_makeover

Big project.

It looks like they know a thing or two about working with wood. Are
the strips in the swim platform steam bent?

Wayne.B wrote:
On 15 May 2006 06:55:39 -0700, "
wrote:

Thanks to Smithers' recommendation, I was able to put up a few
"progress" photos of my general overhaul at:

http://www.pbase.com/gould/extreme_makeover

Big project.

It looks like they know a thing or two about working with wood. Are
the strips in the swim platform steam bent?

I'll have to ask if they were steam bent. Likely so, but I'd want to
confirm. I'll have to take a photo of the finished item- it's a thing
of beauty with a stainless rub strip around the permimeter.

One of the reasons I'm using this particular yard, (90 miles from
homeport) is their wood shop. My fiberglass boat has a lot of external
wood, and there is a bunch of interior woodwork involved in the overall
project as well. You can see a small boat being replanked in the
background of the swimstep photo, and this yard was selected by the US
Forest Service to put a new stem (and a lot more) into the "Chugach",
an Alaska Cedar planked Forest Service patrol boat still in active
service up this way.

The top coats are supposed to go on this week, and new aluminum mast
and boom should be fabricated. I had a chance to save a little money on
the mast by opting for a straight, rather than tapered, mast; but I
thought a straight mast would look too much like a hunk of pipe so we
will have a tapered mast that exactly replicates the wooden original.

Reginald P. Smithers

Chuck,
When this is all said and done, the only difference between your "old"
boat and a new boat, is yours will have more character.

Very very nice.

JohnH

On 15 May 2006 06:55:39 -0700, "
wrote:

Thanks to Smithers' recommendation, I was able to put up a few
"progress" photos of my general overhaul at:

http://www.pbase.com/gould/extreme_makeover

Very nice! She's going to be a beauty. I can't wait to see her.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks to Smithers' recommendation, I was able to put up a few
"progress" photos of my general overhaul at:

http://www.pbase.com/gould/extreme_makeover

Nice progress on the boat Chuck. She looks like a beauty. Thanks for
sharing the pictures with us.