Default Link to a boating item

With a nod to the people in the NG who dislike this type of material, I
am posting a link
to an article about a brand new boat, (rather than post the article
here). I got to participate in some of the initial sea trials of this
new model last week, and it is an interesting craft.

If there's any interest, follow this link and open the item "No Plane
Jane"

http://groups.google.com/group/Pacif...2e16658e6044c6

Fair warning, the article describes a boat that is available for
commercial sale. No nasty remarks about "spam", please. Don't follow
the link if this type of material is personally upsetting. Thanks.

JIMinFL

Thank you Chuck.
Have a happy _________________.
I will pray to _____________ for you, that the crazy guy from
_____________doesn't come after you with his arsenal of very lethal weapons.
JIMinFL
ups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:
Thank you Chuck.
Have a happy _________________.
I will pray to _____________ for you, that the crazy guy from
_____________doesn't come after you with his arsenal of very lethal weapons.
JIMinFL

??????????????????????

Hard to figure that response, JiminFL. You're one of the guys that
often bitches and moans when I post items like this here, so you should
be the last one to give me flak when I respect your feelings and simply
supply a link.

Herry Moliday. :-)

Skipper

JIMinFL wrote:

Thank you Chuck.
Have a happy _________________.
I will pray to _____________ for you, that the crazy guy from
_____________doesn't come after you with his arsenal of very lethal weapons.
JIMinFL

Chuck is a past master of the Northwest shill game. He can really move
his nuts around the truth.

--
Skipper
JimH

wrote in message
oups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:
Thank you Chuck.
Have a happy _________________.
I will pray to _____________ for you, that the crazy guy from
_____________doesn't come after you with his arsenal of very lethal
weapons.
JIMinFL

??????????????????????

Hard to figure that response, JiminFL. You're one of the guys that
often bitches and moans when I post items like this here, so you should
be the last one to give me flak when I respect your feelings and simply
supply a link.

Herry Moliday. :-)

Better watch out Chuck or Krause will accuse you of whining.

Nice article BTW. Merry Christmas.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 10 Dec 2005 08:31:34 -0800, wrote:

Fair warning, the article describes a boat that is available for
commercial sale.

Good article Chuck. Although, based on my experiences with World
Cats, I've really got to wonder about the speed and ride. I've also
had the opportunity to take a 26' Sumthin' Runner with twin 150 Yamaha
150 HPDI for a ride once and it was a pig - in particular in a beam
sea. Turned me totally off cats when I was in the market right before
I bought my first Contender.

Hey, maybe they've improved the design or something - I'll admit it's
been a while, but based on my experiences, it wouldn't be something
that I'd buy.

Not trying to start an argument here, just my own observations. I'd
be more than willing to be convinced otherwise. Send me a plane
ticket and I'll come right along to help you test the boat. :)

Later,

Tom

While most of us would tend to lump virtually all catamarans into a
single category and
form certain performance expectations for the category as a whole, I am
learning that the
characteristics of the twin hulls have a lot to do with performance and
handling- just as hull characteristics fairly well deifne what a
monohull will do. Put a couple of flat bottomed
hulls on that same cat, and it will tend to pound, etc. The trade-off,
just like with a monohull with a flat bottom, is that the flatter
bottomed boat will be able to go a bit faster in ideal or maybe even
moderate seas. The ride through the two-footers, typical sea state up
this way unless the weather is *very* snotty, was super smooth.

JIMinFL

But Chuck, I was thanking you for posting the link. I also prayed for your
well being. Where's the flak?
You is one sensitive guy. Again! Best wishes and thanks for your kindness.
wrote in message
oups.com...