Default OT - Another prediction comes to pass!

A while ago I posted this:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...4010490?&hl=en
Check the P.S.

And now this:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/...oll/index.html

Mark Browne

John Gaquin

wrote in message

A while ago I posted this:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...4010490?&hl=en
Check the P.S.

And now this:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/...oll/index.html

Mark Browne

Prediction comes true?? LOL

All that poll demonstrates is that it is remarkably easy to find 1027 adult
Americans who have no functional thought process. Comparing these two
presidencies is like saying grapefruit tastes better than fried clams.

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message news:NtGdnW-

If we had a system in which the people could vote NO CONFIDENCE in the
president, and if two consecutive votes NO CONFIDENCE votes would result
in either a recall or new elections.....

Great idea, Harry. Institute a system where the existence of the national
government is subject to the whims of public opinion on any popular issue of
the day. We already have a press that publishes only what they want the
public to read. Couple that with your proposal, and you have a system
wherein the press will be empowered to dictate a change of governments.

Where do you hide to dream this stuff up??

thunder

On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:16:27 -0400, John Gaquin wrote:

Great idea, Harry. Institute a system where the existence of the national
government is subject to the whims of public opinion on any popular issue
of the day. We already have a press that publishes only what they want
the public to read. Couple that with your proposal, and you have a system
wherein the press will be empowered to dictate a change of governments.

Where do you hide to dream this stuff up??

I'm not one to mess with our system. Long term systems may have their
faults, but they also provide a stability. However, Harry didn't dream
this up, it's called active or participatory democracy, as opposed to our
passive model. For an example, look south towards Venezuela. Remember
the recall election Chavez survived? That is an example of an active
democracy.

Also, if you think the press can lead the population around by the nose,
you really don't have much faith in democracy, do you? It was James
Madison who said, "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people
who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power
which knowledge gives." In a democracy, pay attention, or . . .
thunder

On Sat, 13 May 2006 17:54:38 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

While I believe Bush is deserving of impeachment, a trial, and removal
from office, I don't believe the country should have to go through that,
or even as far as Nixon took us before he resigned. Further, Bush's crimes
are far more serious than Nixon's.

I simply believe we need a peaceful way to remove an incompetent or
grossly dishonest president from office. In nations with a parliamentary
system and multiple parties, legislators can hold votes of NO CONFIDENCE
and force elections. But we don't have that here. We have another 2-1/2
years with Bush, and now that he has proved to more than two thirds of the
country that he truly is a bumbling idiot, it would be nice to have some
lawful means to do something about it.

I'm quite sympathetic to your reasoning ;-), but I truly fear messing with
a system that has endured for 200+ years. When I hear calls for a
Constitutional Amendment to solve some transient political football, I
cringe. The stability our system provides is more important than that.
While you can look southward for an active democracy, you can also look in
that direction for countries that seem to replace their Constitutions with
every new administration. No thanks, I'll keep this one, with any warts,
and all.

thunder

On Sat, 13 May 2006 18:19:12 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

You're probably right. I wonder what it would take to make the idiot feel
as if he should resign.

I don't know, but if you figure it out, let me know. I'll do my part. ;-)
John Chaplain

Prediction comes true?? LOL

All that poll demonstrates is that it is remarkably easy to find 1027 adult
Americans who have no functional thought process. Comparing these two
presidencies is like saying grapefruit tastes better than fried clams.

No, the polls shows that many of the many dysfunctional Americans who
voted this poor excuse for a human in are starting to wake up and
realize what a bufoon they put in office. Sorry if you can't face the
reality that America is finally waking up and seeing Bush for the
jackoff he is. You'll just deny it and blame the polls for being all
wrong. Very functional thinking on your part....lol...
John Chaplain

On Sat, 13 May 2006 18:29:35 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

thunder wrote:
On Sat, 13 May 2006 18:19:12 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

You're probably right. I wonder what it would take to make the idiot feel
as if he should resign.

I don't know, but if you figure it out, let me know. I'll do my part. ;-)

200 million Instant Messages?

Right, like Bush, who admits he doesn't read, would know how to use a
computer and be capable of getting instant messages.
No, being the arrogant, ingorant a**hole that he is he will just
ignore it all and as long as he has a few people like his girlfreind
Condi still in love with him he'll see himself as A-ok and fighting
the good fight for christian righteousness and corporate america.

JimH

"John Chaplain" wrote in message

Prediction comes true?? LOL

All that poll demonstrates is that it is remarkably easy to find 1027
adult
Americans who have no functional thought process. Comparing these two
presidencies is like saying grapefruit tastes better than fried clams.

No, the polls shows that many of the many snip Americans who
voted this poor excuse for a human in are starting to wake up and
realize what a bufoon they put in office. Sorry if you can't face the
reality that America is finally waking up and seeing Bush for the
jackoff he is. You'll just deny it and blame the polls for being all
wrong. Very functional thinking on your part....lol...

I would not call him a buffoon or a jackoff. I do think, however, that he
is not listening to what Americans want action on. Nor will I post a
personal attack on you like you did to John G.

Having said that..........if this was his first term in office I would not
vote for him again.

If the Bush and the republicans don't turn this around (immigration, the war
in Iraq), and barring Hillary being the Dems choice, a democrat will be
sitting in the oval office next term. ;-)

JimH

JimH wrote:
[...]

I really don't believe Mrs. Clinton is going to make a run for that
nomination. While I think she would make a terrific president, I am sure
she realizes how divided America is on her, and that her nomination might
result in another Democratic Party loss.

Run anyone but Clinton and one with more brains than Kerry and you win it.

Bush isn't going to "turn around" immigration or the war in Iraq.

I would like to hear the solutions on immigration he is proposing tomorrow
night before I make that decision.

The war in Iraq? I don't know if it is possible to turn it around. We
are actually winning the war.........I don't like the human and financial
costs we have to bear though.

Time for Iraq to start paying for the cost of maintaining a free nation and
time for our troops to start moving back to basic support rather than front
line.

He isn't going to stop the flow of illegals entering the country, and he
certainly isn't going to go after the tens of thousands of US employers
who gladly hire illegals so they can exploit them.

Iraq should be the final proof anyone needs to internalize the idea that
while our military forces can beat anyone else's military, they are not
the vehicle to win the peace where there is a really strong insurgency
working against us.

I'm looking at the short term for now. I want the Democrats to capture the
House or Senate this fall, thus assuring lameduckhood for Mr. Bush.