jps

Default Nobby Prediction!!!

Sadly, for me, none of your predictions came true.

jps

NOYB
Jan 22, 6:15 pm
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: "NOYB"
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:15:52 GMT
Subject: Any of you east coast

"jps" wrote in message

pinheads who think football isn't played west of the Mississippi want to
comment on the Seahawks-Panthers game or have you all gone to bed?

Nobby sez:

The only two somewhat sure-things coming out of that game:

1) Seattle will win
2) It will be the lowest-rated championship game in NFL history.

SO,

Wrong on both counts Nobby boy...

Pundits Were Wrong: Super Bowl Nabs Highest Ratings In 10 Years

February 6, 2006

By KOMO Staff & News Services

NEW YORK - An estimated 90.7 million people watched the Pittsburgh
Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks Sunday, the largest Super Bowl
audience since 1996 when the Steelers last played in the title game.

That was 5 percent more than the 86.1 million people who watched the New
England Patriots beat the Philadelphia Eagles last year, according to
preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research.

When the Dallas Cowboys beat the Steelers in 1996, there were 94.1
million people watching.

Locally, in the Seattle market, preliminary numbers show the game was
seen by 924,159 households, which roughly translates to 1.6-2.3 million
people, and 85 percent of all TV's turned on during the game locally
were watching the Super Bowl.

The Steelers beat the Seahawks 21-10, but the game wasn't really decided
until the final five minutes or so, which helped keep the audience glued
to the set, said Larry Hyams, ABC research executive.

"The Super Bowl obviously is a national event and people are going to
tune in regardless of whether the teams have national appeal," Hyams
said. "It's up to the game to hold the audience."

An episode of "Grey's Anatomy" that aired directly after the game on ABC
(although it was held until 10 p.m. locally) was seen by 38.1 million
people, the biggest audience for a post-Super Bowl show in five years,
Nielsen said.

From: "NOYB"
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:15:52 GMT

"jps" wrote in message

pinheads who think football isn't played west of the Mississippi want to
comment on the Seahawks-Panthers game or have you all gone to bed?

Nobby sez:

The only two somewhat sure-things coming out of that game:

1) Seattle will win
2) It will be the lowest-rated championship game in NFL history.

Doh! Note the date and time of my comments (Sunday, Jan 22, 2006 6:15pm).
They were made halfway through the NFC Championship Carolina/Seattle game.
I was talking about *that* game...not the Superbowl. If I was talking about
the Super Bowl, I'd have said "the Super Bowl".

The Steelers have a huge national appeal...so I figured that the Super Bowl
would have decent ratings.

From: "NOYB"
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:15:52 GMT

"jps" wrote in message

pinheads who think football isn't played west of the Mississippi want to
comment on the Seahawks-Panthers game or have you all gone to bed?

Nobby sez:

The only two somewhat sure-things coming out of that game:

1) Seattle will win
2) It will be the lowest-rated championship game in NFL history.

SO,

Wrong on both counts Nobby boy...

um....no?

http://medialifemagazine.com/artman/...ticle_2695.asp

--------------

The game, in which the Steelers defeated the Seahawks 21-10 to take
their fifth-ever NFL title, averaged a 42.1 overnight household
rating, according to Nielsen. That's down 3 percent versus a 43.4 for
last year's Super Bowl between the Philadelphia Eagles and New England
Patriots, which also remained somewhat close until the end.

--------

That settled into a final rating of 41.1, down from the previous
year's 41.4 on CBS. Overall, Super Bowl ratings have hovered between a
40.4 and a 41.4 the past five yeas, with overnight ratings slightly
higher.

whoops... :)

Not only was he wrong about the ratings for the Super Bowl, he was wrong
about which game I was even talking about.

When I said lowest-rated championship game in NFL history, I was talking
about the championship game between Seattle and Carolina. If I was talking
about the Super Bowl, I'd have said "Super Bowl".