Don White

Default newsgroup generosity

Now that JohnH has warmed everyone up to 'give until it hurts'.....
here's a local immigrant that could use the newsgroup's generosity..
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-bonaventure20060511.html
JohnH

On Thu, 11 May 2006 20:19:08 GMT, Don White wrote:

Now that JohnH has warmed everyone up to 'give until it hurts'.....
here's a local immigrant that could use the newsgroup's generosity..
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-bonaventure20060511.html

Where's the web site? I might send a steak or two.

Don, have you seen the Race for the Cure site lately? Unreal!

http://www.active.com/donate/varace4cure/RacingforRenee
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Don White

JohnH wrote:

Don, have you seen the Race for the Cure site lately? Unreal!

http://www.active.com/donate/varace4cure/RacingforRenee
--
'Til next time,

John H

Quite impressive...
You must be 'putting the bite' on your whole town.
JohnH

On Thu, 11 May 2006 21:46:47 GMT, Don White wrote:

JohnH wrote:

Don, have you seen the Race for the Cure site lately? Unreal!

http://www.active.com/donate/varace4cure/RacingforRenee
--
'Til next time,

John H

Quite impressive...
You must be 'putting the bite' on your whole town.

Well, not quite, but there are a lot of caring, compassionate people out
there. I feel good about it because it's one of the very few things I, as a
father of a daughter with breast cancer, can do. It puts a smile on her
face!

As of now, there've been 71 donors. The race is day after tomorrow. Sure
wish we could reach the goal by then.

I *was* surprised that more people didn't take me up on my offer to double
(or triple!) their donation!

http://www.active.com/donate/varace4cure/RacingforRenee
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH

On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:32:02 -0400, "RCE" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

As of now, there've been 71 donors. The race is day after tomorrow. Sure
wish we could reach the goal by then.

I *was* surprised that more people didn't take me up on my offer to double
(or triple!) their donation!

http://www.active.com/donate/varace4cure/RacingforRenee
--
'Til next time,

John H

Cough it up.

RCE

I'm thinking on it.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:32:02 -0400, "RCE" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

As of now, there've been 71 donors. The race is day after tomorrow. Sure
wish we could reach the goal by then.

I *was* surprised that more people didn't take me up on my offer to double
(or triple!) their donation!

http://www.active.com/donate/varace4cure/RacingforRenee
--
'Til next time,

John H

Cough it up.

RCE

Oh Crap!

You turkey!

You're cold hearted and cruel!

But, we love you!

Check your email.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Don White

JohnH wrote:

[...]

If it's anything like here...there's always someone at the door...on the
phone, hanging around supermarket entrances with good causes looking for
money. Mom & dad used to give about $25.00 to each request. Next thing
you knew..hundreds of letters started showing up. A lot of charities
'sell' their donation lists to other charities. When I give...it's a
modest amount and I don't want receipts. The small tax savings aren't
worth the hounding.
JohnH

JohnH wrote:

[...]

I don't blame you. Once my wife delivered envelopes to people in the
neighborhood asking for a donation to one of the big charities, soon we
were getting calls from 8-10 different charities to do the same thing. Now
we don't do it for any, but I always tell them why when they call.

The church my wife attends (and sometimes me) provides free day care to the
needy, food, and English as a second language classes, along with programs
for teens, etc. It gets a chunk of change every year, but I don't give to
the folks who come to the door, unless it's for the local high school band.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

New newsgroup Boats updated daily leeran General 0 April 6th 06 07:02 AM
from a woodworking newsgroup: Making a backstaff [navigation device] Hoodoo General 0 January 9th 06 01:00 AM
Is this newsgroup still alive? Paul Lunnon Tall Ships 5 January 6th 06 09:03 PM
A born again newsgroup Dene General 4 December 31st 05 03:41 PM
is this a newsgroup about boats? Mike Hollywood General 16 October 10th 05 08:31 PM