JimH

Default STOP IT!

Moving forward and from this day on:

1. Discuss things like adults.
2. Stop the insults and personal attacks.
3. Stop demanding that each and every post in this NG has to contain or be
related to boats.

Obey #1 and #2 and we will all be fine.

I am not saying I am not guilty......only that I see a need. ;-)

JimH

"JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT com REMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..
Moving forward and from this day on:

1. Discuss things like adults.
2. Stop the insults and personal attacks.
3. Stop demanding that each and every post in this NG has to contain or
be related to boats.

Obey #1 and #2 and we will all be fine.

I am not saying I am not guilty......only that I see a need. ;-)

I need to add:

4. Stop the "is so", "is not", "is so", "is not"...............discussions.
;-)

JohnH

On Tue, 9 May 2006 21:04:17 -0400, "JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT com
REMOVETHIS wrote:

Moving forward and from this day on:

1. Discuss things like adults.
2. Stop the insults and personal attacks.
3. Stop demanding that each and every post in this NG has to contain or be
related to boats.

Obey #1 and #2 and we will all be fine.

I am not saying I am not guilty......only that I see a need. ;-)

What a joke. You apparently do not realize that the posting of the
inflammatory, OT, political crap you refer to in '3' is what leads to '1'
and '2'.

You know that's true, yet you persist.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

REMOVETHIS wrote:

Moving forward and from this day on:

1. Discuss things like adults.
2. Stop the insults and personal attacks.
3. Stop demanding that each and every post in this NG has to contain or
be
related to boats.

Obey #1 and #2 and we will all be fine.

I am not saying I am not guilty......only that I see a need. ;-)

What a joke. You apparently do not realize that the posting of the
inflammatory, OT, political crap you refer to in '3' is what leads to '1'
and '2'.

You know that's true, yet you persist.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Persist? I posted a news story. Others chose to make it political and
bring it down into the gutter.

See #1 and #2 above.

Have a terrific day John.

basskisser

REMOVETHIS wrote:

Moving forward and from this day on:

1. Discuss things like adults.
2. Stop the insults and personal attacks.
3. Stop demanding that each and every post in this NG has to contain or
be
related to boats.

Obey #1 and #2 and we will all be fine.

I am not saying I am not guilty......only that I see a need. ;-)

What a joke. You apparently do not realize that the posting of the
inflammatory, OT, political crap you refer to in '3' is what leads to '1'
and '2'.

You know that's true, yet you persist.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Persist? I posted a news story. Others chose to make it political and
bring it down into the gutter.

Why did you do so? Most people here can read there own news and you
know it. So, why DID you do that?

REMOVETHIS wrote:

[...]

There are thousands of news stories every day that have nothing to do
with recreational boating. Should they all be posted here? Why did you
choose this one? Will you be cut 'n pasting a story that makes the Bush
family or some other conservative family look bad in the near future?
If not, why not? (But, please don't!). Aren't there dozens of places on
the net dedicated to the discussion of politics?

(See previous comments about red flags and raging bull.)

JimH

wrote in message
oups.com...

REMOVETHIS wrote:

[...]

OK. I made a mistake and admitted it. It was the first time since last
year I posted something political and I get jumped on by everyone for doing
so. Lesson learned and it won't happen again.

That being said, my suggestions in my initial post to this thread stand.
The name calling and personal attacks continued through last night and into
today. Some folks also cannot discuss things like an adult. Correct those
2 things and all will once again be good here. ;-)

Reginald P. Smithers

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
REMOVETHIS wrote:

[...]

JimH,
You have been egging everyone on for months hoping for some all out
political battles, making a ton of personal insults towards most people
in rec.boats. After spending 4 months trying to get the NG back to it's
old ways of political BS, you yell STOP IT, and figure you have done
your job. Try to lead by example, by the way, placing a smiley face
after your insults, does not make for a friendly NG.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
JohnH

On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:54:38 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers"
wrote:

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
REMOVETHIS wrote:

[...]

I think JimH wants to think of himself as the 'Alpha Male' of the group
(along with Harry), and thinks that bouncing back and forth from
inflammatory posts to apologetic posts to 'let's all be nice' posts is the
way to do it.

Today we've had another apology. That's about ten or so in the past few
months. He's apologizing for his OT posts, on the one hand, but trying to
establish a 'rule' allowing them on the other. Maybe this time he has truly
seen the light.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:54:38 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers"
wrote:

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
REMOVETHIS wrote:

[...]

Yes John, Harry and I are the Alpha Males of this NG.

Today we've had another apology. That's about ten or so in the past few
months.

Actually it was 2.

You apparently see apologies as a weakness and a fault as you have brought
this up (against me) several times in the past. In my book I see it as a
positive trait for any man as one cannot move forward in a positive
direction unless one faces and admits to the mistakes made in the past.

I don't know what set you off but for the past 6 months or so you have had a
definite agenda to try to focus on and discredit me. Others here have seen
that and have made mention of it.

Whatever I did to you in the past I apologize for (there is that dirty word
again). I don't know what it was that I said or did that set you off but I
want to clear the air between us.

I have once again tried my best to make my peace with you
John..........accept it or reject it but this is the last time I will do so.

Have a terrific evening John.

Wiring a ZAP Stop William Andersen General 2 March 28th 06 03:33 AM
Oh Bob Stop it! SUZY ASA 0 February 1st 06 12:56 AM
how to stop rocking ian .at.bendigo Boat Building 1 November 29th 05 02:49 AM
Stop the burning when you pee Bluto ASA 0 November 16th 05 11:21 PM
Want me to stop???? Capt. Rob ASA 2 November 10th 05 06:38 AM