JimH

Default Nautolex Deco Dot Floor Vinyl - A question

Instead of replacing the floor covering on our boat with marine grade
carpeting I am now considering marine grade vinyl, specifically Nautolex
Deco Dot vinyl:

http://tinyurl.com/qxvzn

http://tinyurl.com/s6wma

The covering would go over a marine grade plywood deck that was sanded
smooth following the removal of the carpeting.

Has anyone had any experiences with this product, good or bad?

TIA!
Jim

Yes, I have used it. It is in my runabout right now, one I rebuilt from
the ground up after it rotted out in my dad's garage. I glassed/epoxied
the plywood floor first (stiffens waterproofs and strengthens) so if
you're going to put the Deco Dot down, be SURE to:

Prefit it EXACTLY
Use waterproof adhesive
Make sure the floor surface is clean dry and free of defects (unlike
carpet, any defects will show through the Deco-Dot because it's thin.)

Roll out the adhesive THINLY (you may need 2 coats on bare plywood) and
LET IT DRY before you put down the vinyl or the adhesive may never dry
completely (especially if you've resined or epoxied the floor
beforehand)

I have really liked how the stuff works. It's really 'grippy' even when
wet. Unsecured stuff in the boat won't slide around. Looks great and is
easy to clean (just hose it down and lightly brush if needed.)

Hope this helps!

Jeff M

JimH wrote:
Instead of replacing the floor covering on our boat with marine grade
carpeting I am now considering marine grade vinyl, specifically Nautolex
Deco Dot vinyl:

http://tinyurl.com/qxvzn

http://tinyurl.com/s6wma

The covering would go over a marine grade plywood deck that was sanded
smooth following the removal of the carpeting.

Has anyone had any experiences with this product, good or bad?

TIA!
Jim

Calif Bill

oups.com...

JimH wrote:
Instead of replacing the floor covering on our boat with marine grade
carpeting I am now considering marine grade vinyl, specifically Nautolex
Deco Dot vinyl:

http://tinyurl.com/qxvzn

http://tinyurl.com/s6wma

The covering would go over a marine grade plywood deck that was sanded
smooth following the removal of the carpeting.

Has anyone had any experiences with this product, good or bad?

TIA!
Jim

I am about ready to redo my floors in my boat. The floors are covered with
the other Nautolex stuff. Has been excellent for 15 years. Is over
pressure treated marine ply in my boat. Since it is an aluminum boat, the
panels just screw down to the cross pieces. The vinyl is wrapped around the
edges of the ply. Best price I have seen is Cabelas.