Dan J.S.

Default Amazing...

rant on...

It's amazing how many web sites that cater to high end customers ignore
email requests. I am in the market for a high end sail boat. I am actually
going to be in Sweden next month to look at some, and unless you call to
schedule appointments, you are totally ignored. Seems like a simple concept.
I am on the road a lot, reading my blackberry. If I have a specific
question, and I email it to your company, it would be nice if they would
reply.

rant off...

Jim

Dan J.S. wrote:

rant on...

It's amazing how many web sites that cater to high end customers ignore
email requests. I am in the market for a high end sail boat. I am actually
going to be in Sweden next month to look at some, and unless you call to
schedule appointments, you are totally ignored. Seems like a simple concept.
I am on the road a lot, reading my blackberry. If I have a specific
question, and I email it to your company, it would be nice if they would
reply.

rant off...

I agree. There are many companies that have web sites and ignore their
email. Some ignore the entire web site.

The realities of the web hasn't caught up to everyone.

I had my radar repaired last year, which I added to a cruise of about
300 miles. I wanted info on where I was to tie up for the work to be
completed.

The company that did the repair had a web site, with all the links, but
never returned any messages. Only calling them on the phone got a
response. During business hours. They didn't even have a message
machine. They operate much like a business did in the 1960's.

Bad business practice. A modern business would kick their ass, but most
of these type businesses are run very poorly.

Richard J Kinch

Dan J.S. writes:

It's amazing how many web sites that cater to high end customers ignore
email requests.

Consider that they may have a very low proportion of genuine inquiries,
even after spam is filtered. It is difficult to qualify prospects who
initiate email. It isn't like a walk-in dealership where you'll be sized
up at a reception desk and matched to an appropriate salesman. For all
they know, you're a Moldavian beggar.

But you're right that they shouldn't completely ignore email, if they
solicit email. Likely the Web site was designed by an outside firm who
didn't appreciate that the firm was not fluent in email.
Mike Hendrix

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:06:15 -0600, "Dan J.S."
wrote:

rant on...

It's amazing how many web sites that cater to high end customers ignore
email requests. I am in the market for a high end sail boat. I am actually
going to be in Sweden next month to look at some, and unless you call to
schedule appointments, you are totally ignored. Seems like a simple concept.
I am on the road a lot, reading my blackberry. If I have a specific
question, and I email it to your company, it would be nice if they would
reply.

rant off...

-------------------------------------
It is amazing. But not retuning phone calls and completely ignoring
e-mail seems to a business mantra.

Last week I called and left messages with 6 plumbers. Of the 6 only 2
returned my call.

My son has a landscaping business that has grown by leaps and bounds.
He tells me that customers are totally surprised when he returns a
call. He relates several stories a week about returning a call and
the person on the other end giving him the job just because he was the
only one to return their phone call.

We have come a LOOOOOOONG way haven't we!

mike