NOYB

Default Storm of the..century?

http://tinyurl.com/jfqgc

Whoo Hoo!!!

Better over insure the boats and make sure they are on the coast in
time for the big one.

You can always come down here to Florida to escape any storm heading your
way. All of our weak buildings have been destroyed over the last couple of
years and rebuilt to stand up to 140mph+ winds.

RCE

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

http://tinyurl.com/jfqgc

Whoo Hoo!!!

Better over insure the boats and make sure they are on the coast in
time for the big one.

You can always come down here to Florida to escape any storm heading your
way. All of our weak buildings have been destroyed over the last couple
of years and rebuilt to stand up to 140mph+ winds.

That's what went through my hollow head. After 3 hurricanes in one year in
Florida, we threw in the towel, sold everything and moved back to the
Northeast. Now Shortwave says they are coming up here this year.

What did I ever do to him?

RCE

JIMinFL

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

http://tinyurl.com/jfqgc

Whoo Hoo!!!

Better over insure the boats and make sure they are on the coast in
time for the big one.

You can always come down here to Florida to escape any storm heading your
way. All of our weak buildings have been destroyed over the last couple
of years and rebuilt to stand up to 140mph+ winds.

That's what went through my hollow head. After 3 hurricanes in one year
in Florida, we threw in the towel, sold everything and moved back to the
Northeast. Now Shortwave says they are coming up here this year.

What did I ever do to him?

RCE

Don't move. Especially to Florida You Hurricane magnet you.

JimH

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

http://tinyurl.com/jfqgc

Whoo Hoo!!!

Better over insure the boats and make sure they are on the coast in
time for the big one.

You can always come down here to Florida to escape any storm heading your
way. All of our weak buildings have been destroyed over the last couple
of years and rebuilt to stand up to 140mph+ winds.

That's what went through my hollow head. After 3 hurricanes in one year
in Florida, we threw in the towel, sold everything and moved back to the
Northeast. Now Shortwave says they are coming up here this year.

What did I ever do to him?

RCE

Are you the real Joe Btfspik?

http://www.lil-abner.com/familyalbum2.html

;-)

RCE

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

http://tinyurl.com/jfqgc

Whoo Hoo!!!

Better over insure the boats and make sure they are on the coast in
time for the big one.

You can always come down here to Florida to escape any storm heading
your way. All of our weak buildings have been destroyed over the last
couple of years and rebuilt to stand up to 140mph+ winds.

That's what went through my hollow head. After 3 hurricanes in one year
in Florida, we threw in the towel, sold everything and moved back to the
Northeast. Now Shortwave says they are coming up here this year.

What did I ever do to him?

RCE

Are you the real Joe Btfspik?

http://www.lil-abner.com/familyalbum2.html

;-)

Not really, but lately I've become more like Ole Man Mose.

http://www.lil-abner.com/oldmanalb.html

RCE

NOYB

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

http://tinyurl.com/jfqgc

Whoo Hoo!!!

Better over insure the boats and make sure they are on the coast in
time for the big one.

You can always come down here to Florida to escape any storm heading your
way. All of our weak buildings have been destroyed over the last couple
of years and rebuilt to stand up to 140mph+ winds.

That's what went through my hollow head. After 3 hurricanes in one year
in Florida, we threw in the towel, sold everything and moved back to the
Northeast.

Why? Everything is new and built to withstand those storms now.

RCE

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

http://tinyurl.com/jfqgc

Whoo Hoo!!!

Better over insure the boats and make sure they are on the coast in
time for the big one.

You can always come down here to Florida to escape any storm heading
your way. All of our weak buildings have been destroyed over the last
couple of years and rebuilt to stand up to 140mph+ winds.

That's what went through my hollow head. After 3 hurricanes in one year
in Florida, we threw in the towel, sold everything and moved back to the
Northeast.

Why? Everything is new and built to withstand those storms now.

Right. We had a pool enclosure installed two years ago at the house in
Jupiter. By code, it was built to withstand 140 mph winds. The 140 mph
code is nothing new - it's been the building code in Florida for several
years. Wilma came along and "POOF".

Granted, not a building structure, but still it was, by code, supposed to
withstand 140 mph winds without frame failure. I think the highest gust we
got during Wilma was around 110-120 mph.

Fortunately, the 14 year old stick house made it ok, minus a few concrete
roof shingles. I recently read that the use of concrete shingles is being
questioned now because if a few go, the rest tend to rip off like a zipper.

RCE

NOYB

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

A pool enclosure is not much different than a biplane in construction.
Imagine a biplane disintegrating when it hit 140mph. Why can't they do a
better job designing these things?

RCE

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

A pool enclosure is not much different than a biplane in construction.
Imagine a biplane disintegrating when it hit 140mph. Why can't they do a
better job designing these things?

Well, in theory the screens are supposed to pop out before the frame tears
apart. That's one of the reasons the rubber strips that hold the screen
sections in are facing outward. But, like many things, the theory doesn't
bear out and in our case the rubber strips held on long enough to rip the
aluminum frame apart in several sections. Only the frames are supposed to
withstand 140 mph, not the screening.

RCE

basskisser

NOYB wrote:
"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

It's not that they are doing a bad job of "designing these things",
it's that things are made cheaply, it's nothing short of profit margin.
Anybody with just a little engineering and building knowledge can make
a building that will stand up against considerable forces, but the
trick is to do so economically.

STOLEN Seagull Silver Century S/N WS400CC5 Ian Malcolm Cruising 2 February 13th 06 10:37 AM
OT Republican Congress Scandal of The Century [email protected] General 0 November 22nd 05 07:27 PM
Any time + route for Pacific crossing with no storm ? [email protected] Cruising 6 November 20th 05 11:53 PM
^%$%$#!!! Storm Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 22nd 05 10:40 PM
Deal of the Century... Doug Kanter General 51 October 5th 05 11:21 PM