Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robert

Default Hydraulic cylinder removal

I have 2 hydraulic cylinders on the hatch lift on my boat. One of them is
leaking and I want to remove it so that I can take it home with me and have
it serviced. It's easy to remove, but I don't want to leave the hatch
opened for a few weeks while I'm away with the one cylinder. What's the
best way to handle this?

I envision getting some sort of coupler to attach the two hoses together
from the cylinder that is being removed and allowing the other cylinder to
close the hatch. I THINK that if I just connect the two hoses together, the
hydraulic fluid in the system will just circulate and will still allow the
remaining cylinder to open and close the hatch.

I'm not sure if I can even find a coupler like this, but is there a better
way to do this?

Thanks!