Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
thunder

Default Some pics "over there"...

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:52:26 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

I was out with the dogs when an American Bald Eagle floated around the
house. I ran in to get the camera but he had gained a ton of altitude and
I couldn't get a good shot.

It was exciting anyway. I think I have two nesting pairs in my woods
around my pond - I know I have one. The picture of the one I posted was a
huge male - when he passed over the house before I ran in to grab the
camera and I think it's a new one.

For the past several weeks, I have been watching several Bald Eagles fish
a local lake. You are right, they are quite exciting. They are also
making quite a comeback. In this state, New Jersey, we've gone from
having one nesting pair a few short years ago, to over fifty nesting pair.

http://www.state.nj.us/drbc/edweb/baldeagle.htm

It seems the Delaware River is an important wintering ground, as is the
Connecticut River. The bird is making such a comeback there is talk of
taking it off the endangered species list, if it hasn't already been done.

Some pics "over there"... JimH General 0 March 7th 06 10:55 PM
Some stuff "over there"... RCE General 0 March 2nd 06 10:13 PM
OT; some Steamy pics for Doug... Scotty ASA 46 January 25th 06 06:41 PM
Fresh pics from a sailing trip to Antarctica t. heslenfeld General 0 January 8th 06 09:34 PM
boat trailer question, pics of trailer, opinions? LD General 0 December 12th 05 02:37 AM