JimH

Default West Marine deal on Battery

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
"James" wrote in message
. ..
"JR North" wrote in message
West Marine has their 650 MCCA starting battery on sale for $39.95.
Good deal- Snagged one. They have a $5.00 core charge on your old
battery- so bring them one if you buy it.
JR

I bought one today. I asked if there was a core charge since I didn't
have an old battery with me. They said no. It is the 665 MCA that is
on sale for $39.95 not the 650 MCA. That is a $30.00 savings.

When the salesperson rung up the sale he told me that he got a $1.00
commission on every battery the store sold. I have no idea why he told
me that.

I picked mine up today and they forgot about the $5 core charge.... ;-)

I also picked up 2 gallons of the Interlux epoxy barrier coat
paint.......also on sale through next week @ $64.50/gallon. Interlux
suggests 5 coats (!!) but I will see how many I will get out of these 2
gallons.

Looked at helm seats, pedestals, A/B switches and bimini's..........all
things I will be soon buying for the boat.

I was also planning on replacing the AM/FM/Cassette stereo but decided on
keeping it and buying an Ipod Nano instead, playing the tunes on the
stereo via a radio signal device attached to the Ipod.

As a side: The Boat/US store in Port Clinton is now a West Marine even
though there is another West Marine 1/8 mile north. Strange.

No, a few weeks ago, BOAT/US sent out a letter saying its stores were
becoming West stores.

I knew it was coming but it does not make sense to have 2 stores within 1/8
of a mile of each other. ;-)

Butch Davis

Agree, it makes no sense. But, they do the same thing in P'cola on
Barrancas Ave.

IMO, the manager of the original WM srore, JR, is far more knowlegeable than
the folks at the old B/US store. Electronics are a particular forte of his.

Butch
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
"James" wrote in message
. ..
"JR North" wrote in message
[...]

Netsock

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:44:33 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

I knew it was coming but it does not make sense to have 2 stores within 1/8
of a mile of each other. ;-)

McDonalds and Starbucks have been doing it for years.

I heard there are two Starbucks somewhere in Texas, that are
literally, across the street from each other.

Oh well.
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

I knew it was coming but it does not make sense to have 2 stores within 1/8
of a mile of each other. ;-)

We have the same thing in Long Island, there are two in the town of
Babylon right around the corner from each other, maybe one is actually
in West Babylon but they are very close!

richforman