Skipper

Default Konig Racing Engines

Anyone remember the late great Konig racing outboard engines? I had one
on a C-stock hydro I campaigned in the 50s. Great powerplant!

http://www.pfs-ware.com/RacingHistory/page3.htm

--
Skipper
Reggie Smithers

Skipper wrote:
Anyone remember the late great Konig racing outboard engines? I had one
on a C-stock hydro I campaigned in the 50s. Great powerplant!

http://www.pfs-ware.com/RacingHistory/page3.htm

--
Skipper

Love to hear about your campaign. Were you sponsored or was it amateur
racing? Any pictures of your boat?

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Skipper

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Anyone remember the late great Konig racing outboard engines? I had one
on a C-Stock hydro I campaigned in the 50s. Great powerplant!

http://www.pfs-ware.com/RacingHistory/page3.htm

Love to hear about your campaign. Were you sponsored or was it amateur
racing? Any pictures of your boat?

The boat was a Swift, same as Dieter Konig ran. C-Stock Hydros are
10-footers. They *very* small boats taking skill and brass balls to run
at speed, particularly in a race. You are as close as it gets to the
water in speedboat racing. Those Konigs are museum pieces today, and
what a sound they made! We used castor bean oil in ours...gave off a
very distinctive smell. I've posted racing stories to the NG in the
past. Google C-Stock Hydro.

As to pictures, picture Krause in a Konig driven C-Stock hydro with his
infamous hand-eye and limited experience. Now that's an hilarious
picture. Takes a real waterdog to run those challenging craft in
competition. He'd mess his pants before the start line.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Skipper wrote:

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Any pictures?

Many old outboard racing pixs he

http://www.outboardracing.com/

--
Skipper
Reggie Smithers

Skipper wrote:
Skipper wrote:

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Any pictures?

Many old outboard racing pixs he

http://www.outboardracing.com/

--
Skipper

Nice pictures. Why don't you post some of your boat over in abpso. I
am sure you have some old pictures of you and your boat.

It would be nice to see you when you were young and had brass balls.

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Nice pictures. Why don't you post some of your boat over in abpso. I
am sure you have some old pictures of you and your boat.

It would be nice to see you when you were young and had brass balls.

Yes, have some nice old movies in 8mm. Want to convert them some day.
What kind of racing do you do?

--
Skipper
Reggie Smithers

Skipper wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:

Nice pictures. Why don't you post some of your boat over in abpso. I
am sure you have some old pictures of you and your boat.

It would be nice to see you when you were young and had brass balls.

Yes, have some nice old movies in 8mm. Want to convert them some day.
What kind of racing do you do?

--
Skipper

In college I did some motocross racing, strictly amatuar stuff, but lots
of fun. Did you have any sponsorship, or did you just open your wallet?
What happened to all of your pictures, certainly you snapped some

Reggie Smithers wrote:

In college I did some motocross racing, strictly amatuar stuff, but lots
of fun. Did you have any sponsorship, or did you just open your wallet?

Sort of a combination. Arizona and California motorcycle racing in the
early 60's was a combination of hare and hound, hare scrambles,
scrambles, but mostly flat track racing. I raced out of Arizona with
occasional trips to SoCal and Ascot. Competition was in three divisions;
novice, amateur, and expert. I held the #4 expert (white) plate for
three years and was one of only two sponsored riders in Arizona. The
other sponsored rider rode for the BSA shop and held the #1 plate, I
rode for the Ducati shop. I had top points for flat track and dessert
racing, but the Ducati couldn't compete in scrambles.

Motocross grew out of scrambles, and Arizona had probably the best
scrambles track in the nation at Garden Park. Garden Park was in
Carefree and is now cluttered by million dollar homes...a true waste.

BTW, the Ducati was taken from the show room and completely disassembled
and customized. Engine was polished with tuned intake and exhaust. Took
a full year to mod at the shop's expense...but did it ever run!

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Anyone remember the late great Konig racing outboard engines? I had one
on a C-stock hydro I campaigned in the 50s. Great powerplant!

http://www.pfs-ware.com/RacingHistory/page3.htm

Sure you did, Snipper.

You wouldn't recognize the real deal if it jumped up and bit you,
Krause.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:

In college I did some motocross racing, strictly amatuar stuff, but lots
of fun. Did you have any sponsorship, or did you just open your wallet?

Sort of a combination.

The only "combinations" you raced for in the 1950s were the "three
course meals" for 39 cents at McDonald's.

Salem's cycle shop, early 60's, 7th and Indian School Rd. Check it out,
Doofus.

--
Skipper

Racing books Harlan Lachman General 7 March 6th 06 06:41 PM
Great day for racing! Larry Cruising 3 January 23rd 06 02:07 AM
Gasoline engines: Alert - MTBE to Ethanol changeover Rich Hampel Cruising 0 January 4th 06 04:45 PM
Johnson & Evinrude V6 engines - Gasket Set GMails Boat Building 0 December 27th 05 01:07 PM
Folding racing K1 S I Lent UK Paddle 2 October 24th 05 07:31 PM