Default Blower Motors - where to blow?

Ok Guys after all the ETec sprawl .. I want to focus on my Merc powered
boat again

I have an inboard motor and the fuel tank is below the floor. The motor
sits under a doghouse and is open to the tank. There is no floor
covering the tank under the doghouse.

I want to install some noise insulation and want to encapsule the
doghouse/motor in absorbant materials which will mean to install a
floor between motor and tank.

My question is where I need to have the blower blowing to.

I understand i will only have it blow into the motor compartment but
NOT into the tank/bilge.

Am I correct? ... dont want to blow up the quietly running boat

Take in mind that with an Optomax powerhead there should be very little
fumes there anyways as all the gas ends up directly in the cylinder and
does not have a chance to come out of carbs.

Matt

Don Dando

Perhaps I don't understand the issue. A bilge blower is used to evacuate
from the bilge area gas vapors (which are heavier than air and settle in the
bilge). This is to prevent an explosion should a spark be present to ignite
the fumes. "The question is, where do I have the blower blowing to?"
Typically there is an inlet grill or clam shell to let in fresh air and a
grill or clamshell where the output of the blower attaches to take the fumes
outside the boat.

Don Dando

ups.com...