Calif Bill

Default Blower Motors - where to blow?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Garth Almgren wrote:
Around 2/22/2006 8:41 PM, wrote:

My question is where I need to have the blower blowing to.

Blowing *to*? Except for a few oddballs (boats that couldn't get enough
air into the engine compartment at speed), every blower I've seen blows
TO the same place: Outside the boat.

Actually the blower blows fresh air in and displaces gas fumes through
a vent. That is as not to suck gas fumes over the blower motor

Exchange the word "pump" for "blow" and you'll see what I mean.

I understand i will only have it blow into the motor compartment but
NOT into the tank/bilge.

A bilge blower is used to evacuate explosive fumes where the potential
for a spark exists. Usually that means the engine compartment, but,
depending on how paranoid you want to be and your budget, why not do
both compartments?

Thought about it too ... but there must be a reasonable limit .. I
assume it makes sense to get rid of the gas fumes from where sparks are
(motor compartment)

Matt

The motor is a sealed unit. And is designed to suck the fumes out. There
is a hose to the bottom of the bilge from the blower. And then a open vent
to the bilge. The open vent always seems to have a hose to the bilge also.