Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chuck Tribolet

Default 2006 West Marine Catalog is out

- It's smaller. 913 pages of stuff (not counting the
index) vs 1096 pages last year.

- Garmin sure gets a lot of column inches, a fair amount of
it for stuff that's not marine-related (runner's GPS, car
nav, etc)

- There's more and more West Marine branded stuff.

- The "Orca Hats" (warm baseball caps with ear flaps like
Elmer Fudd and Floyd R. Turbo wore) seem to be gone. We
called them "Dork Hats", but we smiled when we said it
because we knew they were warm.

- Raymarine has an autopilot for the Merc Verados. Makes
sense since the Verados already had the servo at the engine.

- There are some new peel-and-stick patches for inflatables.

What did you find interesting?

Chuck Tribolet
..