Default 1997 Yamaha C115TLRV

I'm in the process of buying my 1st boat -- a 1999 Sailfish with a 1997
Yamaha 115 hp C115TLRV. Can anyone tell me where to get some overall,
general, basic info about this motor? Yes, I've checked the Yamaha
website, but I'm looking for opinions, good or bad, suggestions about
running & maintaining it, what to watch out for, etc. Thanks!

RCE

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in the process of buying my 1st boat -- a 1999 Sailfish with a 1997
Yamaha 115 hp C115TLRV. Can anyone tell me where to get some overall,
general, basic info about this motor? Yes, I've checked the Yamaha
website, but I'm looking for opinions, good or bad, suggestions about
running & maintaining it, what to watch out for, etc. Thanks!

Can't help with the motor, but what size Sailfish is it? I had a 17'
Sailfish with only a 70 horse Evinrude on it. Always had wet feet because
the drain/scupper system was underwater just from the weight of the smaller
engine. The check valves never stopped water from backing in. Poor design.
Ended up doing some modifications to keep the water from backing into the
boat.

RCE

RCE

"RCE" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in the process of buying my 1st boat -- a 1999 Sailfish with a 1997
Yamaha 115 hp C115TLRV. Can anyone tell me where to get some overall,
general, basic info about this motor? Yes, I've checked the Yamaha
website, but I'm looking for opinions, good or bad, suggestions about
running & maintaining it, what to watch out for, etc. Thanks!

Can't help with the motor, but what size Sailfish is it? I had a 17'
Sailfish with only a 70 horse Evinrude on it. Always had wet feet because
the drain/scupper system was underwater just from the weight of the
smaller engine. The check valves never stopped water from backing in.
Poor design. Ended up doing some modifications to keep the water from
backing into the boat.

RCE

BTW, please don't take my comments (above) as being totally negative about
the boat you are in the process of buying. Other than this one issue, the
Sailfish I had was a great boat - a takeoff of the Whaler hull design - and
very stable - more so than a Whaler. It just had this one minor design flaw
that drove me nuts until I fixed it.

RCE

Billgran

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in the process of buying my 1st boat -- a 1999 Sailfish with a 1997
Yamaha 115 hp C115TLRV. Can anyone tell me where to get some overall,
general, basic info about this motor? Yes, I've checked the Yamaha
website, but I'm looking for opinions, good or bad, suggestions about
running & maintaining it, what to watch out for, etc. Thanks!

You can go to the Yamaha website and click on Parts and Service and view
the owners manual. They only go back to 1998, but your 97 is basically the
same.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...px?ls=outboard

Bill Grannis
service manager

Yamaha 50 four stroke vs 60 two stroke Jack Redington General 4 January 27th 06 01:56 AM
Yamaha LS2000 jetboat tach, oil level, and throttle problems [email protected] General 4 November 23rd 05 08:23 PM
Yamaha 25 hp 2-stroke TedinRI General 2 November 18th 05 01:25 AM
Yamaha 15HP propeller question Marko General 2 November 10th 05 07:19 PM
1997 Evinrude 15hp questions jerry General 1 November 9th 05 03:51 AM