RCE

Default You think your inlet is bad?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:35:03 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Next time you are in the area (Jax-St. Augustine), stop at Marker 33
Restaurant in Jax, right on the ICW, and the Conch House Restaurant in
St. Augustinne, right off the ICW down Salt Run. Both are worth the
stop.

I'll keep that in mind. We ran outside except for a quick in and out
at St Augestine for the night, but perhaps next time the weather
outside will be less favorable.

Well, the Conch House is about two miles inside that inlet, on Salt Run.
Mind the markers.

Actually, it is a pleasant run down the ICW from Jax to St. Augustine, or
vice versa. Beautiful marsh scenery for the most part, lots of flora and
fauna, an easy run.

We stayed one night at the marina at the Conch House Restaurant (and enjoyed
a great dinner there). The only problem is that it was a miserable, cloudy
and foggy day. The channel into the marina is well marked, but weaves
around a bit as I recall.

I remember that night well because my brother and I finally found the answer
to the mysterious "snap, crackle pop" sounds I was hearing down in the
engine compartment. The sounds had been slowly getting louder every day
since around Norfolk. We discovered that most of the other boats at the
marina were also cracking and popping if you put your ear to the hull. A
local at the restaurant finally explained the mystery - it is biological
noises - shrimp and other small creatures snacking on whatever was on the
hulls.

RCE

NOYB

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 06:35:22 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay,
Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

i cant stop watching that - its amazing.

espiecally that coastie running around in the background in that
double ender.

damn thats fun to watch.

Here's another fun one:

http://media.putfile.com/sea95

Reggie Smithers

wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay,
Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

i cant stop watching that - its amazing.

espiecally that coastie running around in the background in that
double ender.

damn thats fun to watch.

Here's another fun one:

http://media.putfile.com/sea95

Damn.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

JohnH

.. .
wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay,
Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

i cant stop watching that - its amazing.

espiecally that coastie running around in the background in that
double ender.

damn thats fun to watch.

Here's another fun one:

http://media.putfile.com/sea95

I couldn't get the first one to work. That one was spectacular. Thanks!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
NOYB

wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay,
Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

i cant stop watching that - its amazing.

espiecally that coastie running around in the background in that
double ender.

damn thats fun to watch.

Here's another fun one:

http://media.putfile.com/sea95

if i had to do it all over again, id do that.

that looks like fun.

That kind of stuff is in my blood too.

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Agreed. Some of the "mostest" fun I had in Florida was running the local
inlets.

Gotta do sompin when them local waters are fished out. But then thar's
always grits 'n grunts at the local eatery.

--
Skipper
Don White

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Agreed. Some of the "mostest" fun I had in Florida was running the local
inlets.

Gotta do sompin when them local waters are fished out. But then thar's
always grits 'n grunts at the local eatery.

--
Skipper

...and worms & golphers out in your fields.
Skipper

Don White wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Agreed. Some of the "mostest" fun I had in Florida was running the local
inlets.

Gotta do sompin when them local waters are fished out. But then thar's
always grits 'n grunts at the local eatery.

..and worms & golphers out in your fields.

Still play to a 7. You? Hey, that thar West Coast coarse they're playing
on this week ain't bad, eh? You played on one like that?

--
Skipper
Calif Bill

wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay,
Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

i cant stop watching that - its amazing.

espiecally that coastie running around in the background in that
double ender.

damn thats fun to watch.

Here's another fun one:

http://media.putfile.com/sea95

I couldn't get the first one to work. That one was spectacular. Thanks!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

The first one will take at least 5 minutes to download even with DSL.

JohnH

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 04:18:41 GMT, Don White wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Agreed. Some of the "mostest" fun I had in Florida was running the local
inlets.

Gotta do sompin when them local waters are fished out. But then thar's
always grits 'n grunts at the local eatery.

--
Skipper

..and worms & golphers out in your fields.

Don, help us out here...delete Skipper's trolls from your responses to
them.
--
'Til next time,

John H