Wayne.B

Default funny - kinda - story...

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:34:16 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

the funny ears is skippy de dog, a pit bull/whippet cross
who is also very smart and a sweet heart.

I'll be darned. Which was the mother?

Wayne.B

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 20:22:08 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

i started with german shepards when i was ten years
old and have progressed through a number of breeds and a lot of
owners. I learned from the masters including my uncle who was a noted
dog trainer and have taken any number of classes including the us air
force training school.

You should get together with one of my boating neighbors sometime. He
was a trainer for the Seattle PD K9 department and has a lot of
interesting stories to tell.

Doug Kanter

wrote:

the funny ears is skippy de dog, a pit bull/whippet cross
who is also very smart and a sweet heart.

I'll be darned. Which was the mother?

I have a friend who obtained a pit bull pup a few years ago. He raised the
dog properly, as a house pet, and the dog is a joy. He's fun to "rassle"
with, and never bites. I "met" another pit bull pup a few years ago, and
babysat him for a couple of hours. He was just fine, too.

I'd love to have a pet panther, though. A black one. Good golly, they are
gorgeous.

A friend of my son's has one, too. I won't go to the house without my little
friend, with a round in the chamber, but my son says the dog likes to pick
up the cat and put it on the couch for reasons nobody can figure out. It's a
male dog, but it picks up the cat like it was the cat's mommy. The cat
apparently can't figure it out, either, but it puts up with the strangeness.

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
I don't know why, but *all* dogs like me.

All dogs like my vegetable garden, too. Note to self: Call town justice and
find out exactly what has to happen (now, since last update of the laws) in
order to have a stray dog sent to hell, no matter what its owner says, and
now matter how often its owner plays golf with the town justice.

Also sprach ancient angler. Your dog is mine. Off to the gas chamber with
you.

Doug Kanter

"Mys Terry" wrote in message

We've got a resident bear. I'm not afraid of animals, but I am pretty
careful
around this fellow! He's not much like a domestic dog.

More like Tom the dog trainer, yes?

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Mys Terry wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I don't know why, but *all* dogs like me. I've never met a dog who
didn't come over for a sniff and a nuzzle, and that includes dogs who
are being walked down the road, leader dogs (who should know better),
and dogs in the vet's waiting room. With all our cats, you'd think my
permanent "cat person" smell would make them nervous, but, no.

Maybe it is because I am not afraid of animals. I am leery, though, of
the feral dogs out in the Shenandoah.

We have a close friend from Kenya who is here in the states studying for
her doctorate. We're planning to head over there for a long visit this
year or next, and a promised "real" safari (camera safari, of
course...no hunting in Kenya). I hope we run into about a kazillion
critters.

We've got a resident bear. I'm not afraid of animals, but I am pretty
careful
around this fellow! He's not much like a domestic dog.

Ah, yes. I'd be careful around bears, too.

Pussy. You walk up to the bear and give it a Molson. You now have 11 seconds
during which the bear is amazed. Slug the bear. Walk away. Let us know how
it goes.

Wayne.B

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:57:57 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Ah, yes. I'd be careful around bears, too.

Just like alligators, you want them to be very well fed at all times,
but not by you.

JohnH

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:48:17 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

So, do you prefer Hebrew National or Rossler dogs?*

*Rossler was the brand of hot dogs served at the famous and fabulous
"Jimmies of Savin Rock," before the area was yuppified.

When I ate hot dogs, it was Sabrett or Hebrew National. I wish you had
not mentioned that, now I want one.

Costco! The big HN's for $1.50, including a Coke. What a way to take the
wife out for dinner.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:41:15 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
So, do you prefer Hebrew National or Rossler dogs?*

*Rossler was the brand of hot dogs served at the famous and fabulous
"Jimmies of Savin Rock," before the area was yuppified.

When I ate hot dogs, it was Sabrett or Hebrew National. I wish you
had not mentioned that, now I want one.

What? You don't eat even Hebrew National hot dogs?

Jimmies of Savin Rock was *the* place to hang out in the summer from the
1950s to about the mid-1960s in southern Connecticut. Huge outdoor
restaurant, small indoor restaurant, fabulous food - dogs, clams,
lobster rolls, cherrystones, real fries, and Rossler franks. Everyone
would eat in their cars with the doors and windows open, listening to
the Clovers, the Del Vikings, the Elegants, the Penguins, the Drifters,
all the great Do Wop groups, and of course, our own local group, the
Five Satins.

Except for Healthy Choice products, I gave up all Sausage products / Hot
Dogs as a way to reduce fat intact.

Hebrew National 49grams
Total Fat 14g 20%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%

I still eat Healthy Choice Smoked Sausage mixed with beans, it is very
low in Fat and Saturated Fat.
51 grams of Smoked Sausage.
total Fat (2.5g) 4%
Saturated Fat (1g) 5%
Cholesterol (20mg) 7%

I still remember the flavor of a good hotdog, I just don't eat them.

The same with Pizza. I LOVED PIZZA, but I did not know how to eat a
slice. I would eat half a pizza. So today, I just don't eat pizza.

commie
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:34:16 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:09:54 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:50:07 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

what part of the pit bull/whippet cross didn't you understand?

Picture please.

ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.swsports.org/images/dogs/...and%20ball.jpg

Viciousness personified.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

funny - kinda - story... Don White General 24 February 9th 06 07:23 PM
OT Good News story Don White General 8 February 2nd 06 10:20 PM
Sink a Pearson Ensign? It's an Electra, but interesting story Jim Cruising 0 January 31st 06 02:28 AM
On topic war story....... [email protected] General 6 January 10th 06 01:10 PM