Don White

Default Winter finally arrives

Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html
P. Fritz

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:55:05 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

big whoop - a foot of snow.

boo freakin' hoo.

Meanwhile her in Mich, with Detroit billing itself as a winter wonderland
for the SuperBowl, the temps are in the 40's, no snow, they are going to
have to put wheels on the dog sleds for the races, etc etc.......but then
there is a slight possibility of a major storm hitting Sat-Sun......that
would be interesting.

Don White

wrote:

Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

big whoop - a foot of snow.

boo freakin' hoo.

I'd like to see you out shovelling with one arm.
Besides..it was higher in the drifts. I actually had to lift my Toro
snowblower up and take off the top 6- 8 inches of snow so I could move
forward on the remainder.
JimH

"Don White" wrote in message
Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

I hope it was not a wet snow making removal all the more difficult.

Getting rid of a foot of wet snow, even with a single stage snowblower is
not easy.

JimH wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

I hope it was not a wet snow making removal all the more difficult.

Getting rid of a foot of wet snow, even with a single stage snowblower is
not easy.

Nothing is easy when you're wet, and freezing the family jewels off!

JimH

wrote in message
ups.com...

JimH wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

I hope it was not a wet snow making removal all the more difficult.

Getting rid of a foot of wet snow, even with a single stage snowblower is
not easy.

Nothing is easy when you're wet, and freezing the family jewels off!

We just had the 3rd warmest January on record. :-) I hope February
remains the same.

Don White

JimH wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

I hope it was not a wet snow making removal all the more difficult.

Getting rid of a foot of wet snow, even with a single stage snowblower is
not easy.

Big time wet.
Couldn't see out of my new windows until I went out and brushed the wet
sticky snow from them.
I left my driveway partially blocked because I know the plows will make
another pass tonight to widen the street. I'm not giving them a place
to push the snow into.
RCE

wrote:

Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

big whoop - a foot of snow.

boo freakin' hoo.

I'd like to see you out shovelling with one arm.

thats why god invented kids and snow blowers.

Right. When I was a kid, (14-16 yo) a major snowstorm was good for 20
bucks.
That was 10 driveways at 2 bucks a pop.

Right now, I can't find any kids willing to shovel any snow, period.

RCE

wrote:

Things were going too well.
If the snow wasn't so deep I'd drive down the coast checking on a
predicted storm surge.
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-snow-storm20060201.html

big whoop - a foot of snow.

boo freakin' hoo.

I'd like to see you out shovelling with one arm.

thats why god invented kids and snow blowers.

Besides..it was higher in the drifts. I actually had to lift my Toro
snowblower up and take off the top 6- 8 inches of snow so I could move
forward on the remainder.

you lifted up a snow blower? you mean a snow broom - one of those
little models?

No... I mean a Toro 1800 Power Curve Snowthrower.
http://www.toro.com/home/snowthrower...tric/1800.html
Wayne.B

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:04:00 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

Right now, I can't find any kids willing to shovel any snow, period.

An old clapped out SUV with snow chains and plow will get you started,
very popular in some parts on the NE, most not even registered.

Winter Paradise - paddling movie ... Marek \Wayfarer\ UK Paddle 0 December 23rd 05 02:34 PM
winter paddling on Colorado River, UT Marek \Wayfarer\ Touring 0 December 22nd 05 04:13 PM
Winter boating Eisboch General 2 December 21st 05 05:06 AM
Winter battery removal [email protected] Cruising 21 November 19th 05 03:44 PM
Storing Neoprene Vests, Wakeboards, Rafts for winter ToneJohn General 1 November 1st 05 12:53 PM