Bryan

Default Chase boat for swimmer?

A friend is swimming SF Bay for a triathlon and hinted that I might be
useful as her chase boat.
Has anyone acted as a chase boat?
Don't triathlons have official chase boats as opposed to individual boats?

Bryan wrote:
A friend is swimming SF Bay for a triathlon and hinted that I might be
useful as her chase boat.

That's fascinating.

Does she propose to strap an outboard to your "transom", or fit you
with a pair of oarlocks? :-)

If the latter, insist that you at least be allowed to pick a pair of
very attractive, relatively unused "oars". You should also remind her
that it is considered wise practice to ensure that the pintle fits
snugly in the gudgeon before getting underway.

Calif Bill

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
A friend is swimming SF Bay for a triathlon and hinted that I might be
useful as her chase boat.
Has anyone acted as a chase boat?
Don't triathlons have official chase boats as opposed to individual boats?

I think each swimmer has their own boat, give them water, juice as they swim
or pull them into the boat if whitey comes along.

Bryan

wrote in message
ps.com...

Bryan wrote:
A friend is swimming SF Bay for a triathlon and hinted that I might be
useful as her chase boat.

That's fascinating.

Does she propose to strap an outboard to your "transom", or fit you
with a pair of oarlocks? :-)

If the latter, insist that you at least be allowed to pick a pair of
very attractive, relatively unused "oars". You should also remind her
that it is considered wise practice to ensure that the pintle fits
snugly in the gudgeon before getting underway.

You know, Chuck, my query was sincere; I hadn't even thought to take the low
road you found yourself embarked upon. Now that you mention it though ...

Bryan

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
A friend is swimming SF Bay for a triathlon and hinted that I might be
useful as her chase boat.
Has anyone acted as a chase boat?
Don't triathlons have official chase boats as opposed to individual
boats?

I think each swimmer has their own boat, give them water, juice as they
swim or pull them into the boat if whitey comes along.

For crying out loud, Bill, why do you have to get all racist. I was just
asking a simple question!

Calif Bill

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
A friend is swimming SF Bay for a triathlon and hinted that I might be
useful as her chase boat.
Has anyone acted as a chase boat?
Don't triathlons have official chase boats as opposed to individual
boats?

I think each swimmer has their own boat, give them water, juice as they
swim or pull them into the boat if whitey comes along.

For crying out loud, Bill, why do you have to get all racist. I was just
asking a simple question!

Whitey is the Great White Shark, which resides in the area. Not normally in
the bay, but have been seen over the years. Lots of food at pier 39 area
for them.