Bryan

Default Chase boat for swimmer?

wrote in message
ps.com...

Bryan wrote:
A friend is swimming SF Bay for a triathlon and hinted that I might be
useful as her chase boat.

That's fascinating.

Does she propose to strap an outboard to your "transom", or fit you
with a pair of oarlocks? :-)

If the latter, insist that you at least be allowed to pick a pair of
very attractive, relatively unused "oars". You should also remind her
that it is considered wise practice to ensure that the pintle fits
snugly in the gudgeon before getting underway.

You know, Chuck, my query was sincere; I hadn't even thought to take the low
road you found yourself embarked upon. Now that you mention it though ...