Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
P. Fritz

Default nutcase of a son-in-law

"Eddie" wrote in message
I got a son-in-law who is a little bit disillusioned. He thinks he
can go out and buy a 40' sailboat and sail it to the big island of
Hawaii. He's never been on a sailboat, much less sailed one.
He's a plumber, makes good money, and plans to spend around $200K for
a yacht to sail there. He's a nut case imho. But was wondering,
assuming he learns to sail, how many crew members does one need to do
this in such a large boat? I know this is a motor group, but I'm sure
someone could help.
In the meantime, I'm trying to talk him out of doing this dumb thing
unless he gets a lot of sailing experience, like starting out with a
16 footer. In any case, he ain't taking my daughter with him until he
proves to me he's an experienced sailor. I figure about 5 or 6 years
of practice. Maybe by then he'll get a little sense in his head and
flys there instead.
Thanks
Eddie

Give him this book to read
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/039...lance&n=283155

nutcase of a son-in-law RCE General 8 January 31st 06 06:13 PM
nutcase of a son-in-law Doug Kanter General 0 January 30th 06 04:37 PM
nutcase of a son-in-law Don White General 1 January 30th 06 06:24 AM
nutcase of a son-in-law Dan J.S. General 0 January 30th 06 03:11 AM
nutcase of a son-in-law Bryan General 0 January 30th 06 01:42 AM