RCE

Default nutcase of a son-in-law

"Eddie" wrote in message

I got a son-in-law who is a little bit disillusioned. He thinks he
can go out and buy a 40' sailboat and sail it to the big island of
Hawaii. He's never been on a sailboat, much less sailed one.
He's a plumber, makes good money, and plans to spend around $200K for
a yacht to sail there. He's a nut case imho. But was wondering,
assuming he learns to sail, how many crew members does one need to do
this in such a large boat? I know this is a motor group, but I'm sure
someone could help.

Nothing wrong with his dream, but agree not without some training and
experience.

If he is head strong committed, suggest that he find and retain the services
of a qualified, licensed boat captain and a crew member or two for this
trip. He will learn a lot and gain some experience under qualified
supervision.

RCE