JohnH

Default News from Nikon, sort of.

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:38:51 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

My D70 decided to stop autofocusing this morning, so, figuring I had
dome something idiotic, I called Nikon tech support and, as usual,
chatted with a really knowledgeable guy. He had me "two finger salute"
the camera (a reset), and suddenly autofocus came back. I've got to stop
fiddling with the damned knobs...but that's what my old girlfriends used
to say, too. Oh well.

Anyway, I asked, "So when the hell are you going to have a reasonably
priced DSLR with a full-frame CCD," and he said, "I can't tell you,
but...it will be much sooner rather than later."

Finally.

That's OK. I've got another daughter who'd *love* a good deal on the D200,
if the full frame is something I really need. I still don't see what the
issue is, however.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:33:17 -0800, jps wrote:

In article , jherring1
says...
wrote:

My D70 decided to stop autofocusing this morning, so, figuring I had
dome something idiotic, I called Nikon tech support and, as usual,
chatted with a really knowledgeable guy. He had me "two finger salute"
the camera (a reset), and suddenly autofocus came back. I've got to stop
fiddling with the damned knobs...but that's what my old girlfriends used
to say, too. Oh well.

Anyway, I asked, "So when the hell are you going to have a reasonably
priced DSLR with a full-frame CCD," and he said, "I can't tell you,
but...it will be much sooner rather than later."

Finally.

That's OK. I've got another daughter who'd *love* a good deal on the D200,
if the full frame is something I really need. I still don't see what the
issue is, however.

3 foot itis.

jps

explain, please?
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Reggie Smithers

wrote:

[...]

JohnH,

3 foot itis is a disease effecting many who spend time on the water.
The virus causes the sick person to buy a bigger boat every few years.

Sometimes the virus will mutate and force one to buy the next best
camera, even if they don't need it.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

JohnH

wrote:

[...]

Gotcha. Any cure?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Reggie Smithers

wrote:

[...]

Yes, either sell your boat/camera and get out of the hobby or give in a
move up 3 ft.