BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/65715-bill-ban-teak-surfing-introduced-wa-state.html)

[email protected] January 26th 06 03:16 AM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

This memo is being sent to WAMBE & RBAW members because of your
interest in boating safety. If you would like off this list, please
let me know.

Senator Pam Roach has sponsored Senate Bill 6364 to ban "teak surfing".
She was prompted by one of her constituent organizations, the East
Pierce County Fire and Rescue. This agency had dealt with two tragic
deaths on Lake Tapps due to teak surfing. For info on bill language go
to: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6364

The hearing for this bill is on February 1st in Olympia. Unfortunately
it's at 8 AM, however Sen. Roach would like to have as many boaters as
possible show up to support this bill. RBAW supports this bill and
it's intent. There may be discussions to amend the bill for word
smithing purposes to clarify the term "teak surfing", but all for the
better. Clearly this is a bill all boating safety organizations should
have interest in and your participation at the hearing would be
welcomed by the bill's supporters.

RBAW plans to be there on the 1st. If anybody else can make it and
needs further information, directions, etc. please let me know. If you
want to testify PRO, you can say a few words why you or your
organization likes the bill. Otherwise, you can just sign in PRO "not
wanting to testify".

Thanks and let me know if any questions.
~David Kutz
RBAW President

Reggie Smithers January 26th 06 11:53 AM

wrote:
[...]

Chuck,
I am concerned that the State of Washington is trying to override
Darwin's theories. One should not mess with Mother Nature.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

JohnH January 26th 06 03:07 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:53:26 -0500, Reggie Smithers

[...]

I'll bite. What the hell is 'teak surfing'?
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

DSK January 26th 06 03:13 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

Senator Pam Roach has sponsored Senate Bill 6364 to ban "teak surfing".
She was prompted by one of her constituent organizations, the East
Pierce County Fire and Rescue. This agency had dealt with two tragic
deaths on Lake Tapps due to teak surfing.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
oh for petes sake - another do-gooder who wants to save people from
themselves.

No, they want to give people more tickets.

do they seriously think a law is going to stop this type of activity?
ill bet there is a fine attached to this - just another revenue raiser
for the state.

another useless piece of legislation.

If it raises revenue, then how can it be useless? I say let
them give expensive tickets to stupid & destructive people,
then they can lower my taxes.

DSK

Doug Kanter January 26th 06 03:22 PM

"JohnH" wrote in message

I'll bite. What the hell is 'teak surfing'?
--
John H

People grab onto the swim platform, often teak, and hang on as the boat
pulls them through the water. They're breathing fumes, so they sometimes get
carbon monoxide poisoning. If we're lucky and they're kids, they die and
their parents are less likely to reproduce again. The wife blames the
husband for doing something so stupid. She divorces him. Because of the
alimony, he can't afford the boat any more, so one less moron is out there
in a boat.

[email protected] January 26th 06 03:48 PM

On 25 Jan 2006 19:16:40 -0800, wrote:

Senator Pam Roach has sponsored Senate Bill 6364 to ban "teak surfing".
She was prompted by one of her constituent organizations, the East
Pierce County Fire and Rescue. This agency had dealt with two tragic
deaths on Lake Tapps due to teak surfing.

oh for petes sake - another do-gooder who wants to save people from
themselves.

do they seriously think a law is going to stop this type of activity?
ill bet there is a fine attached to this - just another revenue raiser
for the state.

another useless piece of legislation.

Actually, not just "another piece of useless legislation" designed to
generate fines.

Right now, if a cop sees some 16 year old kid running a boat while some
14 or 15 year old
is teak surfing, about all the cop can do is pull them over and give
them a lecture about safety. Of course once the cop is out of sight,
the allure of teak surfing is immediately tripled, because not only is
it some sort of fun, but now it's also borderline dangerous *and* it
****es off the cops.

If there's a law, the cops can go as far as arresting the operator, if
need be, to see that the teak surfing stops.

There's a difference between being mentally defective ("should be
removed from the gene pool") and uninformed. A lot of teak surfers are
probably kids who don't ordinarily spend a lot of time around boats,
and when "all" their friends are doing it they just assume it's a
normal activity.

Here's hoping you never answer a knock on your door to learn that a kid
or a grandkid was killed while doing something others would consider
"stupid". My bet is that the last thought to cross your mind would be,
"Oh, well. If they were that stupid they didn't deserve to live in the
first place and it's a good thing they died before they could
reproduce."

We're talking actual lives here, not some abstract talk show platitude.

JohnH January 26th 06 04:01 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:20:32 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
[...]

Hanging onto the swim platform and body surfing while the boat is
pulling you. You can die by inhaling engine fumes, and I suppose you can
also have a prop encounter.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Thanks.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

RG January 26th 06 04:03 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

I'll bite. What the hell is 'teak surfing'?
--

An activity usually done by young wakeboarding types, although often in the
presence of folks much older that you would assume to be wiser as well. You

The activity involves hanging on to the swim platform with both hands while
in the water. The helmsman then brings the boat up to a slow plane, and the
"surfer" then body surfs as he hangs on for dear life to the swim platform.
Unfortunately, dear life often is fleeting as a result of this exercise, due
to two complications that seem to evade any premonition of their
consequences by all participants involved. First, the teak surfer's
nostrils are usually no more than about 24 inches away from the through
transom exhaust ports that the above mentioned type of boats tend to sport.
You will recall that said boat is now at speed, spewing copious amounts of
carbon monoxide in the general direction of the surfer's nostrils. Second,
the wearing of a PFD tends to munge the flow of water under to soon to be
stone cold body of the surfer, thereby hindering the body surfacing
experience. Therefore, teak surfing and the wearing of a PFD are mutually
exclusive. This tends to make the inevitable consequence of complication
#1, namely unconsciousness, even more problematic as the surfer tends to go
directly to the bottom, depriving all aboard any opportunity to get a good
look at his blue self. It also tends to make recovery of the surfer a real
bitch, usually best left to a professional dive team.

Now some may consider this sequence of events a genuine tragedy, and others
may look at it as a natural freshening of the gene pool. But there is an
unfortunate side effect of this nonsense that I believe we all would agree
is tragic. Since the perpetrators/victims of teak surfing (call 'em as you
see 'em) are typical Americans, there is a compulsory denial of self
responsibility for their actions. Surely the fault lies elsewhere, rather
than with the owner/operator of the boat or the person lying on the bottom
of the lake. And who better to find the true bearer of this guilt than a
personal injury attorney? Not surprising, and without exception, the PI
attorney's keen sense of smell for dollars always leads directly to the door
of the marine industry. This has resulted in numerous lawsuits against the
companies that manufacture the boats and motors that the rest of seem to
enjoy on a regular basis without loss of life. One grieving and vengeful
mother of a deceased young surfer publicly decried that the marine industry
was in the business of making "murder machines". There are two immediate
results of these lawsuits. First, the tremendous cost of defending them
gets passed along to the consumer in the form of higher prices. Second the
next new boat you buy will be plastered with ugly and obnoxious stickers
everywhere, warning of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning as well as
hanging on to the swim platform of a boat under way.

I am not making any of this up. It's the real deal.

Calif Bill January 26th 06 05:20 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Very well said. Also it is going to protect the marine industry from bounty
hunter lawsuits. If you are breaking the law, will be harder to collect for
the persons stupidity or ignorance.

Doug Kanter January 26th 06 05:23 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
wrote in
ups.com:

Right now, if a cop sees some 16 year old kid running a boat while some
14 or 15 year old is teak surfing...

Here's hoping you never answer a knock on your door to learn that a kid
or a grandkid was killed while doing something others would consider
"stupid".

Why would I permit unsupervised minors to operate a boat?

Happens all the time. However, excluding jet skis for the moment, I actually
see more dangerous things done by so-called adults.

[email protected] January 26th 06 05:31 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

Fred Dehl wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:

Right now, if a cop sees some 16 year old kid running a boat while some
14 or 15 year old is teak surfing...

Here's hoping you never answer a knock on your door to learn that a kid
or a grandkid was killed while doing something others would consider
"stupid".

Why would I permit unsupervised minors to operate a boat?

You're very lucky if your kids come to you, or came to you, for
permission before doing anything.

We see kids that look too young to drive a car out tooling around in
16-20 foot ski boats rather often. Partcularly on Lake Washington,
where a lot of wealthy families live along the shore, keep boats in
slips, and it isn't even unusual for the kids to have their "own"
boats.

The situation is perhaps a bit similar up at Lake Tapps, where the two
deaths used in the example occured. Upper end suburban community, most
households need two incomes to make the mortgage payments and the car
notes, teenagers home alone all day in the summer, boat just sitting in
the slip, folks tell their high school age kids it's OK to go water
skiing,...........

Calif Bill January 26th 06 10:24 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
wrote in
ups.com:

Right now, if a cop sees some 16 year old kid running a boat while some
14 or 15 year old is teak surfing...

Here's hoping you never answer a knock on your door to learn that a kid
or a grandkid was killed while doing something others would consider
"stupid".

Why would I permit unsupervised minors to operate a boat?

A 16 year old can go drive the car without an adult in it. Most of the teak
surfing deaths are probably the 18-30's. And I and my friends got to drive
the boats with out adults aboard 45-50 years ago, and few did not survive
the experience. First fatal accident I saw, was a 25 year old drunk, that
left the dock full throttle in a Vee drive and ran over a couple in a small
fishing boat while still in the 5 mph zone.

Dene January 26th 06 10:44 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

The biggest problem the state of Washington has is it's full time
legislature. Washingtonians should adopt Oregon's model....meet every other
summer. Since our summers are so short, legislators are in a rush to finish
the job and get home. Net result is efficiency....no time for nonsense.

-Greg

Calif Bill January 26th 06 11:55 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

"Dene" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Biggest error we made in California is letting Jessie Unruh convience us we
needed a full time legislature.

[email protected] January 27th 06 03:14 AM

Dene wrote:

The biggest problem the state of Washington has is it's full time
legislature. Washingtonians should adopt Oregon's model....meet every other
summer. Since our summers are so short, legislators are in a rush to finish
the job and get home. Net result is efficiency....no time for nonsense.

-Greg

We don't have a full time legislature.

The legislature meets for a few weeks each spring, (usually out of
session by March or April), and the legislators earn about $30,000 per
year- (if I recall correctly). For most of the lawyers, business execs,
etc who are serving in the legislature $10,000 a month is a pretty
serious pay cut- not to mention how it their absence messes up a
professional practice or a business.

Do you feel there should not be a law against teak sufing?

[email protected] January 27th 06 03:33 AM

On 26 Jan 2006 07:48:05 -0800, wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 25 Jan 2006 19:16:40 -0800,
wrote:

[...]

there are laws against drink operating - less than 10% of people
operating a boat drunk are caught. there are laws concerning the
operation of boats by those under 16 - i can't tell you how many 12 to
16 yo kids i see on pwcs and pwc type boats operating in state parks
of all things - theres a law against that too. oh, lets talk about
operating with kids aboard w/o life preservers - theres a law about
that i think.

its still saving people from themselves. whats next - no bungee
jumping? sky diving? snowboarding? soccer? baseball? people get
seriously injured in those sports all the time - in particular soccer
where serious knee/ankle and head injuries occur on a regular basis.

bungee jumping, sky diving, snowboarding, soccer, baseball etc are all
ordinarily survivable.

sucking in CO fumes almost directly from the exhaust port usuallly is
not.

it is what it is chuck - just another grandstand play by some small
time politician making a name for themselves under the guise of public
safety.

its bull**** of the first order and just another way to produce
revenue along the way.

Dene January 27th 06 06:09 AM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dene wrote:

The biggest problem the state of Washington has is it's full time
legislature. Washingtonians should adopt Oregon's model....meet every

other
summer. Since our summers are so short, legislators are in a rush to

finish
the job and get home. Net result is efficiency....no time for nonsense.

-Greg

We don't have a full time legislature.

The legislature meets for a few weeks each spring, (usually out of
session by March or April), and the legislators earn about $30,000 per
year- (if I recall correctly). For most of the lawyers, business execs,
etc who are serving in the legislature $10,000 a month is a pretty
serious pay cut- not to mention how it their absence messes up a
professional practice or a business.

I stand corrected. Your legislature should meet every other year. ;

Do you feel there should not be a law against teak sufing?

Honestly....I have no idea.

-Greg

Reggie Smithers January 27th 06 11:35 AM

wrote:
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The reason teak surfing is popular is very few people who do it are
killed or end up in the hospital. If 25% - 50% of the people who teak
surfed died, it would no longer be popular.

Yes there are some who do die or go to the hospital, but the vast
majority survive, and if the CO damages brain cells, they are too stupid
to realize it.

I really don't care if they make it illegal, but any parent who owned a
boat and did not let the kids know the danger is just as dumb as the
kids. Drugs are illegal and they are still used and abused.

I for one wished they would legalize all drugs. All illegal drugs do is
create a very profitable business for criminals, force drug users to
commit crimes to support their expensive habits and divert police
resources to fight a war we will never win. It didn't work for alcohol,
it isn't working for drugs.

Making Teak Surfing illegal will not eliminate teak surfing anymore than
making drugs illegal eliminated drug abuse.

Doug Kanter January 27th 06 12:31 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

"Reggie Smithers" wrote in message
. ..

I for one wished they would legalize all drugs. All illegal drugs do is
create a very profitable business for criminals, force drug users to
commit crimes to support their expensive habits and divert police
resources to fight a war we will never win. It didn't work for alcohol,
it isn't working for drugs.

Criminals don't make the laws. You need to look beyond them to understand
why drugs are illegal. It has to benefit *someone* financially. Typically,
that would be our legislators.

Doug Kanter January 27th 06 01:00 PM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Reggie Smithers" wrote in message
. ..

I for one wished they would legalize all drugs. All illegal drugs do is
create a very profitable business for criminals, force drug users to
commit crimes to support their expensive habits and divert police
resources to fight a war we will never win. It didn't work for alcohol,
it isn't working for drugs.

Criminals don't make the laws. You need to look beyond them to understand
why drugs are illegal. It has to benefit *someone* financially.
Typically, that would be our legislators.

I wouldn't "legalize" all drugs, but I'd sure support decriminalization
for possession of small amounts and for use. There are some drugs out
there that are just too potent and cause too much damage to be in anyone's
possession. One example is crystal meth.

Oh please....hard liquor will wreck your body if used incorrectly. My
brother in law tried to stop his heavy drinking without medical assistance.
Apparently, the DTs can reach a point where they're like grand mal seizures.
In his case, it stopped his heart. He was found dead in a cheap motel room.
45 years old, IIRC.

Bill Kearney January 27th 06 01:10 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

Oh please....hard liquor will wreck your body if used incorrectly.

Sure, use the excuse that since that's already legal then it oughta be OK
for more. Puh-leeze.

He was found dead in a cheap motel room. 45 years old, IIRC.

Thus voting himself off the island.

Doug Kanter January 27th 06 02:02 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
t...
Oh please....hard liquor will wreck your body if used incorrectly.

Sure, use the excuse that since that's already legal then it oughta be OK
for more. Puh-leeze.

It's pretty obvious to emergency room doctors that keeping these drugs
illegal doesn't do much to keep them out of the hands of people who want
them. Here's a true or false issue for you: The primary effect of making
drugs illegal is to create an environment of violence surrounding the
trafficking in these drugs, which is more dangerous to the public than the
drugs themselves.

Reggie Smithers January 27th 06 02:11 PM

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
t...
Oh please....hard liquor will wreck your body if used incorrectly.

Sure, use the excuse that since that's already legal then it oughta be OK
for more. Puh-leeze.

It's pretty obvious to emergency room doctors that keeping these drugs
illegal doesn't do much to keep them out of the hands of people who want
them. Here's a true or false issue for you: The primary effect of making
drugs illegal is to create an environment of violence surrounding the
trafficking in these drugs, which is more dangerous to the public than the
drugs themselves.

Since many drugs are delivered to US shores via boats, I think this is
an on topic discussion so I will answer the question.

True.

P. Fritz January 27th 06 03:06 PM

wrote:

[...]

It also make for a bigger class of criminals, once convicted, the guvmint
gets more and more control over you.

JohnH January 27th 06 04:47 PM

wrote:

[...]

Chuck - I haven't forgotten the peanuts. It's just that the boiled ones are
a little harder to come by then I thought. I'm going down to Richmond
tomorrow to see the daughter. Hopefully I'll be able to pick 'em up there.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

[email protected] January 27th 06 05:29 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

Reggie Smithers wrote:
..

[...]

Using your drug analogy: When was the last time you heard of a syringe
manufacturer being sued by the surviving family of an OD'd addict
because some junkie used the rig to shoot himself to death? You don't-
and the reason is because the use of heroin is illegal.
Manufacturers and insurance companies usually aren't liable for damages
done to people who are not only using the product unwisely, but
illegally. (That's been the central argument in a lot of successful
defenses by firearms companies as well).

Without a law against teak surfing, a lot of these ignorant parents
will go to court after a son or daughter is killed by the activity and
a lot of ignorant judges and juries will award millions or hundreds of
millions of dollars damages. We will all see that in our insurance
bills, it might even result in the redesign of boat exhaust....(how
about a 7-foot vertical dry stack on every runabout? how about the
elimination of swim platforms entirely?)....and the greatest impact of
these idiots sucking in exhaust while hanging onto a swim platform will
be the cumulative effect on the rest of society rather than the tragic
death of an uninformed or reckless kid.

If you can't support making it illegal so that law enforcement can
force the activity to stop when observed and save a few lives along the
way, perhaps you might consider supporting
such a law to save the rest of the boating public a lot of money and
additional government interference in the pastime.

A law against teak surfing only affects those idiots who want to do it.
And their friends and families. A bunch of them will do it anyway, (and
their deaths will be a tragedy), but if they're doing something illegal
when they die it is less likely to blow back on the legal and
comparatively safe aspects of the pastime that are enjoyed by millions.

Pros: 1. A few deaths might be prevented by law enforcement
2. It will make it harder to sue boat manufacturers
3. Less chance of unnecessary and goofy mandatory boat
modifications

Cons: There will be a new law that restricts a dangerous behavior that
isn't constitutionally protected and that you, I, and 99% of people
would never consider engaging in, anyway.

[email protected] January 27th 06 05:49 PM

wrote:

[...]

teak surfing is ordinarily survivable too.

bum argument.

Let's say that 1% of teak surfers die and another 10% of repeat teak
surfers are permanently impaired. Probably about the same impairment
percentage associated with
the repeated huffing and sniffing of glues and aerosols.

Deaths to baseball and soccer players are almost unheard of. If 1% of
snowboarders died, there would be 2-3 deaths at even a moderate ski
resort every day, all winter. With the possible exception of bungee
jumping, those are all organized sports with rules and regulations
imposed for safe and proper use of the equipment.

Example: When playing baseball it would be a lot easier to steal bases
if the players weren't required to surrender the bat after hitting the
ball. I player A is trying to slide into 2nd and player B is standing
next to the bag ready to tag him with the ball, player A might avoid
the tag if he had the option to beat player B senseless with the bat.
We could just give everybody a club and let them whack each other's
brians out, (might improve ticket sales).............or we can have
some "rules" that make the sport safe and enjoyable
for players and spectators alike.

If baseball was not self-regulating, there would be laws of all types
in place dictating how two rival groups of guys, drinking beer on a
Saturday afternoon, would play together while throwing solid objects
around at high speeds and swinging clubs. Teak surfing is not self
regualting, and waiting for all the idiots to die is not the best
course to take, IMO.

Reggie Smithers January 27th 06 06:18 PM

wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
.
[...]

I have no problem if they pass the law or not. My comments were that it
really would not reduce those who are performing the idiotic stunt.
Today, I think all boats warn about CO problems, especially on the sun
deck or teak deck. They put a yellow sticker warning about the problem
and it makes it much harder to sue the mfg'er. They also warn about the
prop. They also place a warning in the owners manual.

What the law will do is to collect money from the truly idiotic, and I
have no problem with that. It will help pay for the DNR or police.

[email protected] January 27th 06 08:12 PM

wrote:

[...]

No big deal.

If you want to send something other than boiled, that would be just
fine. Thanks for remembering.

JohnH January 27th 06 10:29 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No way. Boiled you wanted, boiled you get!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Reggie Smithers January 27th 06 10:31 PM

JohnH wrote:
On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I am surprised they don't sell boiled peanuts in every single bait shop
around the bay.

JohnH January 27th 06 10:37 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

PS. Did you get my email?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH January 27th 06 10:40 PM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:31:20 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I've never seen them at a bait shop. This is not the season for fresh
boiled peanuts, which are often a favorite at flea markets. The only way to
buy them now is canned, literally in cans. I've tracked some down, at a
deli in Richmond. Will be getting them tomorrow or Sunday. Gives me an
excuse to put a couple hundred miles on the Mustang.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Don White January 27th 06 11:24 PM

wrote:

JohnH wrote:

On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Since we're talkin' about peanuts...
I've noticed that the roasted peanuts sold here the last couple of years
seem to be the grade b type.
Even the 'Planters' brand seem to be tasteless, half rotten garbage
barely suitable for eating. The wife usually buys them for the Blue Jays
that hang around...but I like to grab a handful now & again.
Is there a problem with them...or are we just getting the quality
control rejects way up here?

[email protected] January 27th 06 11:57 PM

JohnH wrote:
On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

PS. Did you get my email?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

I did.

You don't sing half badly.
How many generations since your family left the Emerald Isle? ((??))
I swear I hear a bit of the Irish in that voice of yours. :-)

Reggie Smithers January 28th 06 12:04 AM

wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

In many southern states you will see some good ole boys boiling peanuts
up and down the country roads. In the suburbs they will pull up with a
trailer with a very large pot to boil the peanuts fresh, so you get them
nice and hot.

For a brokerage fee, I will find them and forward them to chuck.

Reggie Smithers January 28th 06 12:05 AM

wrote:

JohnH wrote:

On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Don,
No, the soil is getting depleted of natural humus and the lack of
organic material is being offset with fertilizer. They really don't
taste as good.

JohnH January 28th 06 01:19 AM

wrote:

JohnH wrote:

On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Buy a can of Virginia roasted peanuts. You'll see and taste the difference.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH January 28th 06 01:20 AM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

On 27 Jan 2006 15:57:23 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800,
wrote:

PS. Did you get my email?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

I did.

You don't sing half badly.
How many generations since your family left the Emerald Isle? ((??))
I swear I hear a bit of the Irish in that voice of yours. :-)

You oughta hear it after it's warmed up!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH January 28th 06 01:21 AM

Bill to ban "teak surfing" introduced in WA State

wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 27 Jan 2006 12:12:33 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]