JimH

Default Things to do before Spring launch

Once the weather breaks I have a ton of work to do before we launch.

1. Rip out cockpit carpeting and install new carpeting.
2. Install new helm seat and pedestal.
3. Install second battery and A/B switch.
4. Gelcoat repair on 3 dings.
5. Epoxy coat the bottom (the boat was always trailered before and has no
bottom paint)
6. Bottom paint the bottom
7. Install bimini.
8. Install new CD player/FM radio.

Items 3, 7 and 8 may wait till the boat is launched and dockside....it all
depends on how fast I get the other stuff done and if the weather
cooperates.

So how about you? What things do you have to do to your boat before Spring
launch.

Dene

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..
Once the weather breaks I have a ton of work to do before we launch.

1. Rip out cockpit carpeting and install new carpeting.
2. Install new helm seat and pedestal.
3. Install second battery and A/B switch.
4. Gelcoat repair on 3 dings.
5. Epoxy coat the bottom (the boat was always trailered before and has no
bottom paint)
6. Bottom paint the bottom
7. Install bimini.
8. Install new CD player/FM radio.

Items 3, 7 and 8 may wait till the boat is launched and dockside....it all
depends on how fast I get the other stuff done and if the weather
cooperates.

So how about you? What things do you have to do to your boat before

Spring
launch.

Ironically, I find myself sorta dreading spring/summer. I love having the
whole pond and dock to myself! Our next boat will have an enclosed cabin,
which will even more suitable for winter boating.

http://www.c-dory.com/24%20description.htm

But in answer to your thread, I need to plumb hot water to the transom
shower. I did finally dial up my GPS navigational system, settling for
Nobeltec on my laptop.

-Greg

Reggie Smithers

Dene wrote:
[...]

It is nice to see how little I need to do to commission my boat in Spring.

1. Wash and Wash (I use Zaino Bros so it is very easy 2 hrs. max with a
few coffee and chat breaks)
2. Replace Impeller and Fuel Filter (less than 20 min)
3. Place key in ignition.
4. Turn key
5. Relax

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Skipper

Reggie Smithers wrote:

It is nice to see how little I need to do to commission my boat in Spring.

1. Wash and Wash (I use Zaino Bros so it is very easy 2 hrs. max with a
few coffee and chat breaks)
2. Replace Impeller and Fuel Filter (less than 20 min)
3. Place key in ignition.
4. Turn key
5. Relax

Do you use a power buffer with that overly expensive wax? Where do you
drain the antifreeze? And finally, what do you think of this list?

http://bottrell.ca/Docs/Spring%20Com...klist%20v2.pdf

--
Skipper
Reggie Smithers

Skipper wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:

It is nice to see how little I need to do to commission my boat in Spring.

1. Wash and Wash (I use Zaino Bros so it is very easy 2 hrs. max with a
few coffee and chat breaks)
2. Replace Impeller and Fuel Filter (less than 20 min)
3. Place key in ignition.
4. Turn key
5. Relax

Do you use a power buffer with that overly expensive wax? Where do you
drain the antifreeze? And finally, what do you think of this list?

http://bottrell.ca/Docs/Spring%20Com...klist%20v2.pdf

--
Skipper

Skipper,
The great thing about the overpriced wax is you don't need a buffer.

I hate to tell you this, but I use the "pink stuff" and don't drain it
at all. I was told it was biodegradable. Now if someone tells me
otherwise, it will mean one more thing add to my list.

I think the list is an excellent one, even if some of the items are not
pertinent to my powerboat. All of the items that are pertinent to my
boat was done in Nov. If I find anything that needs to be fixed, I
prefer to have it done in the off season instead of the marina's busiest
time of the year.

JimH wrote:

So how about you? What things do you have to do to your boat before Spring
launch.

Tow it to the lake!

JimH

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..
Once the weather breaks I have a ton of work to do before we launch.

1. Rip out cockpit carpeting and install new carpeting.
2. Install new helm seat and pedestal.
3. Install second battery and A/B switch.
4. Gelcoat repair on 3 dings.
5. Epoxy coat the bottom (the boat was always trailered before and has no
bottom paint)
6. Bottom paint the bottom
7. Install bimini.
8. Install new CD player/FM radio.

Items 3, 7 and 8 may wait till the boat is launched and dockside....it all
depends on how fast I get the other stuff done and if the weather
cooperates.

So how about you? What things do you have to do to your boat before
Spring launch.

My wife and I took a little trip this afternoon to pick our dock at the new
marina. #303 with the ramp on my starboard. Nice drive up dock with
plenty of grassy and tree filled areas..........more importantly quite cheap
at $950 for the season, including water and electric. ;-)

P. Fritz

[...]

Mine just went up to $1825 and it isn't a drive up either

JimH

"P. Fritz" paulfritz ATvoyager DOTnet wrote in message

[...]

We were paying close to that when we had our 32 footer, but it was a drive
up dock and quite nice.

Eisboch

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

We were paying close to that when we had our 32 footer, but it was a drive
up dock and quite nice.

What's a "drive up dock"?

Eisboch

FS: WaveSport Godzilla - Don't Wait 'till Spring! Dave General 3 December 10th 05 04:58 AM
Things I Don't Like.... Capt. Rob ASA 6 December 6th 05 01:05 AM
40 things Sir Rodney Smithers General 6 November 21st 05 05:55 PM
Submerge the Trailer When We Launch a Boat? [email protected] General 41 November 14th 05 01:51 AM
Neal--how are things in Florida? Bart Senior ASA 3 November 11th 05 08:48 AM