Reggie Smithers

Default Any Apple Mac mavens here?

Harry Krause wrote:
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:54:42 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

If so, have you looked at the specs of the new Intel-powered Macs?

Looks to me as if the PowerPC OS and the PowerPC apps will be going
through some sort of software converter to run on these Intel chips,
because as of yet, they haven't really been recompiled for the "new"
processor. Or something like that.

Anyone really have the skinny? The new Mac laptop might be really
appealing to be, but for that.

joining the dark side harry?

Actually, I sorta joined once, for a short while, but the damned things
drove me more nutso. I love the Apple stores at the mall, though, and
I'm in the market for a newer laptop, since my current T23 is destined
for boat use.

The obvious problem with a Mac is your other software will not be
compatible with your other computers. Mac are nice, but for the life of
me, I can't figure out why anyone would own a desktop and a laptop with
Windows and a new Laptop with Mac.

Not only will you have to buy the Mac software, but you will have to
learn the new software.

Why would you want to put yourself through this pain?

--
Reggie
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss