Default Where To Find LARGE Screwdriver for Lower Unit Plugs? -- Follow-Up

I have received this screw driver. But it doesn't have a 1/2" blade.
Seem like the description in the web doesn't quite match the
description on the box. I guess my search for a 1/2" blade screw
driver is not over.

Oh well...

Jay Chan

Wayne.B

On 12 Jan 2006 17:42:21 -0800, "

I have received this screw driver. But it doesn't have a 1/2" blade.
Seem like the description in the web doesn't quite match the
description on the box. I guess my search for a 1/2" blade screw
driver is not over.

1/2" is approximately 12 mm.

As long as you are close, it is more important that the thickness of
the blade match the slot, rather than the length.

The nice thing about the impact hammer is that it minimizes slipping
and will break corrosion to a certain extent.

I have received this screw driver. But it doesn't have a 1/2" blade.
Seem like the description in the web doesn't quite match the
description on the box. I guess my search for a 1/2" blade screw
driver is not over.

Oh well...

Jay Chan

Have you tried to remove the plug with just an ordinary screwdriver
yet? If you are careful, using the right size screwdriver (matching
thickness of screwdriver with width of the slot), and keeping it
perpendicular to the screw, you should be okay. If you feel it
beginning to slip, stop.

I have received this screw driver. But it doesn't have a 1/2" blade.
Seem like the description in the web doesn't quite match the
description on the box. I guess my search for a 1/2" blade screw
driver is not over.

Oh well...

Jay Chan

Have you tried to remove the plug with just an ordinary screwdriver
yet? If you are careful, using the right size screwdriver (matching
thickness of screwdriver with width of the slot), and keeping it
perpendicular to the screw, you should be okay. If you feel it
beginning to slip, stop.

Yes, I have already done this using a 3/8" blade. It kind of works;
but I must be very careful.

Seem like I will continue searching for the right one.

Jay Chan

I have received this screw driver. But it doesn't have a 1/2" blade.
Seem like the description in the web doesn't quite match the
description on the box. I guess my search for a 1/2" blade screw
driver is not over.

Oh well...

Jay Chan

Have you tried to remove the plug with just an ordinary screwdriver
yet? If you are careful, using the right size screwdriver (matching
thickness of screwdriver with width of the slot), and keeping it
perpendicular to the screw, you should be okay. If you feel it
beginning to slip, stop.

Yes, I have already done this using a 3/8" blade. It kind of works;
but I must be very careful.

Seem like I will continue searching for the right one.

Jay Chan

If the screw is chewed up at all, get a new one, they're cheap (as far
as boat parts go!)

I have received this screw driver. But it doesn't have a 1/2" blade.
Seem like the description in the web doesn't quite match the
description on the box. I guess my search for a 1/2" blade screw
driver is not over.

Oh well...

Jay Chan

These are common, only not in typical screwdriver form.

you can get 3/8" or 1/2 " drive made for an impact tool or rachet
wrench quite easily at about any good hardware or Auto Parts store.