Don White

Default Jabsco Head - help!

Speaking of 'irresistible'......
I'm still waiting for my 8x10 autographed glossy............or do I have to
buy 'the book' first ;-)

Peggie Hall wrote in message
Some opportunities are just irresistable!

Lloyd Sumpter

Thanks for the input, Peggy!

(First, it's not "new" - it's about 5 yrs old, but still works perfectly)

Didn't call them, but went to the website. The only fitting they show may
or may not be 90 deg. Looks like it's designed to go UP rather than to the
right, and since the pump slants forward, "UP" is more than 90 deg from the
face (hope you understand this explanation!)

I've ordered the fitting, which at least SHOULD fit the hose, but I have
very little room behind the head, and I've already cut the $13/ft hose,
assuming the fitting was correct and the reason it leaked before was that
the old hose had stretched.

As for getting some "1 3/8" hose": I only said 1 3/8 because it's a bit
smaller than 1 1/2 - I'm not sure they even MAKE 1 3/8" hose. (But what
the hell DOES it fit??)

If the fitting I ordered doesn't work, how about "enlarging" the fitting
with a few coats of epoxy?

Lloyd

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:18:40 +0000, Peggie Hall wrote:

Lloyd, all you have to do to solve the problem is call Jabsco and tell
'em you need a 1.5" straight or 90 discharge fitting for your new toilet.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
Hi,

Just getting my new holding tank in, and have discovered that the
reason the discharge hose was leaking at the head was that the outlet
fitting is too small. The hose fits over it easily instead of barely
squeezing on - seems like it's for maybe 1 3/8" ID hose or something (my
hose is 1 1/2" ID).

I remember the problem: I replaced the old head (Cheap Wilcox?) with
a cheap manual Jabsco (I know, but it seems to work fine, and I like being
able to flush without a battery), but the 45 deg outlet wouldn't work with
my plumbing. I used the outlet off the old head, which fit the head fine,
but doesn't seem to fit the hose.

Any ideas? can I get a 90-deg outlet for the Jabsco? Some kind of
adapter? Peggy? (got your book - Good Stuff!)

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - with the biggest holding tank!

The ol' Jabsco 37010 Paul General 0 August 8th 03 03:50 AM
Nannidiesel 2.50 - 14HP : used 88 hrs then cylinder head gasket failure ! Jean-Pierre Trolet General 0 July 30th 03 09:32 PM
Water accumulating in front of head on Sea Ray 240DA Mike in Boston General 4 July 30th 03 08:33 PM