JohnH

Default hey john h

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:54:05 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

freebie noise reducer - really exceptional. the pro version even
better.

http://www.imagenomic.com/

image viewer - really good.

http://www.faststone.org/

another viewer - not so good

http://www.vallen.de/freeware/

free raw converter

http://www.pixmantec.com/

i'm going to collapse now.

Later,

Tom

Thanks Tom!

The viewer I use is IrfanView. I've used it for years, and it's great.

http://www.irfanview.com/

It will open RAW files, but I don't know if it will convert. I'll have to
take a few shots that way and let you know. It will handle over 70
different file types, and perform batch conversions. It also does all the
basic editing functions.

I use it continuously, even though I have Photoshop Elements. While I'm
waiting for elements to open, I can process half a dozen pictures in
IrfanView, which opens instantaneously. If you'd like to give it a shot,
I'll send the file to install the program. It's an .exe, but I can change
the extension so Outlook won't block it. Just send me an email. I can send
you an older version, which doesn't have all the bells and whistles
(900KB), or maybe I can squeak the newer version (4.7MB) through my server,
which has a 5MB limit.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
RG

The viewer I use is IrfanView. I've used it for years, and it's great.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Another strong vote for Irfanview. I don't do any editing with it, but its
a lightning fast viewer, and it will quickly put together a self executing
slide show. I have it as the default program for opening any digital photo
files.

JohnH

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:37:42 -0700, "RG" wrote:

The viewer I use is IrfanView. I've used it for years, and it's great.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Another strong vote for Irfanview. I don't do any editing with it, but its
a lightning fast viewer, and it will quickly put together a self executing
slide show. I have it as the default program for opening any digital photo
files.

I think it does a good job at some basic editing, e.g. red-eye reduction,
cropping, minor contrast/brightness issues, etc. But, if something needs
major work, I'll open it in Photoshop (or delete it!).