Reggie Smithers

Default BCS a Sad Joke

JimH,
I didn't watch the game, but the video reviews do show some very blatant bad
calls.
One where Texas obviously step out of bounds before completing a touchdown,
and another where the quarterback's knee touched the ground before he
passed.

Bad Calls happen in every game, but this seemed worse than normal.

Now if I was a USC fan I would feel it was my God Given Right to complain.
; )

--
************************************************** ************************
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOTcom wrote in message

"Reggie Smithers" wrote in message
JimH,
When a game is obviously decided by bad officiating, it is not whining to
complain about it. I personally could care less.

You make an assumption of bad officiating. If so, then you are in the
whiners camp. ;-)

Arguing about who is the National Champs is an annual ritual for anyone
who likes college football. ; )

I could care less. I thought both were great games though.

Ohio State had some bad calls against them in their game against
Texas.......................just kidding. But I think you get my point.
;-)

Life goes on and life is good.

JimH

"JohnH" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:53:11 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOTcom
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:56:15 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Did you see the Orange and Rose Bowl games? Sad jokes each. The Orange
Bowl featured two ranting stupefied septuagenarian "coaches" fielding
teams unable to complete a simple pass, handle short field goals, or
even not bungle their point after kicks. It was a contest to see who was
the least inept. The biggest loser won. And the Rose Bowl...what a joke.
The Rose Bowl decided to bring in USC's arch enemies from the Big Ten to
"officiate" the contest. And they did their job, "jobbing" USC. They
awarded the Hookers, or is that Hook 'ems, a touchdown that was not a
touchdown, allowed the Hookers to mug the opposition and pick their
pockets, and in fact, decided the outcome of the game. The end-of-game
poor tackling was a result of the game long poor officiating. USC is the
true national champion.

Gotta agree, and it's not because USC is my alma mater.

--
John H.

What a bunch of bull.

Such are the breaks. Sometimes they go your way, sometimes the other way.

Accept it or you guys sound like nothing but whiners.

OK, so I'm whining. Luckily, I'm not whining about lost money, only bad
officiating.

--
John H.

http://tinyurl.com/a5vxl ;-)

Wayne.B

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:16:08 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Gotta agree, and it's not because USC is my alma mater.

What a bunch of bull. Such are the breaks...Accept it or you guys sound
like nothing but whiners.

Gotta believe you'd say the same about a NY City mugging.

===============

Wrong group.

Bryan

[...]

I think that you are all missing the point. This game was doomed from the
outset when they decided the Rose Bowl would be on Wednesday instead of on
New Year's Day! It's just plain wrong. I had my dips and chips and sodas
all set, my remote was at hand, then lo and behold, some stupid rule about
never on sunday and it's a championship game. I'll never watch a rose bowl
again that isn't on New Year's Day.

Bill McKee

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:
[...]

It's just another football game, as is the Stupor Bowl.

Not really, is an economic engine driving force. Both are.

Skipper wrote:
Did you see the Orange and Rose Bowl games?

Nah...I'm not a football fan.

I don't watch much sports on TV, Come to think of it, I don't care for
Indy or NASCAR either.

Now...World Superbike, or Motorcycle Grand Prix? I dig em!

I also like to watch the Tarpon fishing tournament that they
consistantly replay over and over on he R&R channel 216) on Dish
Network....

Man those are big fish!!!!