Dan J.S.

Default The West Virginia Mine Disaster

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
What an awful tragedy for these men and their families.

I don't think there is a worse job anywhere than that of coal miner.

Years ago, when I worked for The AP in West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky,
I covered a couple of mine collapses, and one big mine disaster, and in
the process, went down into a couple of coal mines. I can't think of a
more frightening job. When coal mining is the only work available, you're
really in a world of woe.

While we sit warm and snug in our homes this winter, we ought to think a
little about the sacrifices coal miners and their families make for the
rest of us.

you worked for AP? that explains a lot!

and i agree... the tragedy was awful...