Reggie Smithers

Default US West Coast Tsunami?

I saw the program, but since I don't live on the West Coast, who the hell
cares. Since the West Coat is going to slide into the Pacific soon anyway,
what the heck. The key is to buy some Arizona property that will become
ocean front property. ; )

My only concern is the MEGA-Tsunami that will hit the entire East Coast when
half of the mountain slides off of La Palma in the Canary Islands. It is
estimated that this will result in a Tsunami 650 METERS high and hit the
entire east coast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon...anscript.shtml

It is not a question if it will happen, but when. Why do I feel like
Chicken Little?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Anyone see the program on tsunami on the Discovery Channel last night?
In addition to proving a theory about the 2004 Asian tsunami, there were
some revelations about the probability of a US West Coast tsunami, and the
fact that at most there might only be 15 minutes of warning for a
particular close-to-shore-triggered-by-a-just-offshore-earthquake tsunami
that might result in a 100-foot wave from near Seattle to at least a third
the way down the California coast.

Sounds worse than a sudden onset Gulf of California tostito.

Eisboch

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:05:47 -0500, "Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my
first name) Smithers wrote:

My only concern is the MEGA-Tsunami that will hit the entire East Coast
when
half of the mountain slides off of La Palma in the Canary Islands. It is
estimated that this will result in a Tsunami 650 METERS high and hit the
entire east coast.

You mean that I'll have beachfront property here in Woodstock?!?

WHOO HOO!!!

Not exactly beachfront. You'll be swimming from room to room with a Scuba
tank strapped to your back.

What's your elevation? My house is about 130 ft and I am about 7-8 miles
inland.

Eisboch

JohnH

Smithers wrote:

[...]

Property in the Shenandoah's is looking better and better!
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
Wayne.B

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:20:58 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

What's your elevation?

==========================

7.67 feet

(9.67 with my feet up)

Eisboch

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:20:58 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

What's your elevation?

==========================

7.67 feet

(9.67 with my feet up)

Heh ... so, when your ass gets wet you know the tide's rising.

Eisboch

Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

. ..

first name) Smithers wrote:

My only concern is the MEGA-Tsunami that will hit the entire East Coast
when
half of the mountain slides off of La Palma in the Canary Islands. It is
estimated that this will result in a Tsunami 650 METERS high and hit the
entire east coast.

You mean that I'll have beachfront property here in Woodstock?!?

WHOO HOO!!!

Not exactly beachfront. You'll be swimming from room to room with a Scuba
tank strapped to your back.

What's your elevation? My house is about 130 ft and I am about 7-8 miles
inland.

According to my GPS, 780. According to NOAA, 710.

I'm right on the Atlantic, but at the highest point on the
peninsula...about 160 feet above sea level.