Dan Krueger

Default Buying a Used Boat

Skipper wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:

Harry,

If you are going to pretend you have me filtered, maybe it would work best
if you didn't respond to my posts even 2nd hand.

By the way, Yahoo and Comcast contacted me concerning your complaint about
me "Spamming" you. I forwarded the two emails in question and they both
realized that you were using the system to try to harass me. Since it would
be very easy to block a user it was obvious to them that you reporting me as
a SPAMMER was a feeble attempt to bring a NG disagreement out of the NG.

This is a perfect example of why NO ONE should provide personal information
in a NG. If you can try to screw someone based upon their Yahoo email,
imagine what you would try if you knew a persons name. That might have been
low for even for you.

I know from personal experience that Krause Will use any info against
you.

--
Skipper

I what way?

Dan
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

I presented "Smithers" with many warnings to stop communicating with me.
But, of course, he couldn't behave himself here or in email. So I
contacted his ISP and complained that despite my telling him NOT to
email me, he persisted.

You're quite the puss, Krause. He has more class in his send button than
you have in your entire being.

--
Skipper
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Skipper wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:

JimH,
How can anyone know if the seller is being honest with the engine
hours if
their is not hour meter?
For that matter, how can someone be sure if the seller is being honest
about
the engine hours even if their is an hour meter? Today's cars are set
up to
make it very hard to set back the mileage. I don't think there is
anything
similar for replacing the hour meter and just running the meter to
provide a
reasonable number of engine hours.
You ask whether or not Krause is honest? Honest???

--
Skipper

The data stored on the onboard computer on many modern outboard motors
is quite revealing, a fact obviously unknown to Snipper and
FourFeathersSmithers.

I had the ECM replaced on my Suzuki at around 60 hours due to a recall.
Twenty hours later, the oil light started flashing. Why? Because the
engine was signaling me that it was due for the twenty hour
service...even though it had 80 hours on it. The light failed to flash
at the 100 hour mark for service...but started flashing at the 120 hour
mark.

There is a second recall on my boat for the ECM. After the replacement,
my ECM will tell the technician that I have 0 hours on my engine.

Obviously, it is quite possible that the onboard computer tells you
nothing when you buy a new outboard.

Oh, anything is possible. But I haven't had any "computer problems" with
my Yamaha.

And I have had no "computer probelms" with my Suzuki. The recall was based
upon the fact that the engine was susceptible to backfiring if you threw it
into reverse while still travelling in a forward motion at a high rate of
speed.

No offense, but I've not been overwhelmed by Suzuki outboards, and totally
underwhelmed by the Suzuki outboard dealers.

I'm not a huge fan of the Suzuki dealership that I bought it from, but three
more have opened within 15 miles of my house since I bought mine a year and
a half ago. Competition is sure to improve their CSI.

The reason I chose the Suzuki over the Yamaha was the fact that the Suzuki
was offered in a 250 hp, and the Yamaha was only available in a 225 (which
really only puts out 217 hp). The other reason was that my brother had
logged a couple of hundred hours on a Suzuki 140 without a single hiccup.

The 16" prop and the lower gearing on the Suzuki make it a much better
engine for a heavier boat. If you read Powerboat Reports, you'll see that
the Suzuki finishes at the top of virtually every category that they measure
when compared head-to-head with the Yamaha, Honda, and Verado...although I
think that the Verado was a hair quieter.

When I first started noticing Suzuki outboards while in Jax, the
dealership was what I would call "fly by night," and, in fact, I hardly
see any Suzuki outboards up here, although I am sure there is an active
dealer somewhere in my area. What I see are Yamahas, Mercs, Evinrudes, and
Hondas, in that order, in the larger engine categories. I don't pay much
attention to the number of little outboards in the area, although I have
noticed that Nissan seems to have a goodly share of the dinghy market.

I had a 1986 Nissan on the back of my 13' Whaler. It was operated at two
speeds: off and full-throttle. The engine started on the first try even
after 15 years of use until we sold a couple of years ago. It didn't have
the best corrosion resistance, but it was absolutely bulletproof.