JimH

Default Is this your final answer - Part Deux

OK, you bought your dream boat with that lottery jackpot you won. Let's
assume you purchased a brand spanking new Nordhavn 57
http://www.nordhavn.com/57/overview.php4 .

It is time now to equip it for a long range ocean travel.

Let's start with electronics including navigation, communications,
entertainment.

Again, money is no object.

JimH

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
OK, you bought your dream boat with that lottery jackpot you won. Let's
assume you purchased a brand spanking new Nordhavn 57
http://www.nordhavn.com/57/overview.php4 .

It is time now to equip it for a long range ocean travel.

Let's start with electronics including navigation, communications,
entertainment.

Again, money is no object.

The strain is showing.

This is a thread about boats. Harry, why don't you just join in the
fun..........otherwise STFU and stop the whining.

JimH

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:26:45 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

OK, you bought your dream boat with that lottery jackpot you won. Let's
assume you purchased a brand spanking new Nordhavn 57
http://www.nordhavn.com/57/overview.php4 .

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Nordhaven 57

Fine, then equip whatever boat you want.

Reggie Smithers

Harry,
I have to be honest with you, that hurts my feelings to be called a poseur.
I would prefer if you didn't call me names. If you don't have anything nice
to say, please don't say anything at all.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
OK, you bought your dream boat with that lottery jackpot you won.
Let's assume you purchased a brand spanking new Nordhavn 57
http://www.nordhavn.com/57/overview.php4 .

It is time now to equip it for a long range ocean travel.

Let's start with electronics including navigation, communications,
entertainment.

Again, money is no object.

The strain is showing.

This is a thread about boats. Harry, why don't you just join in the
fun..........otherwise STFU and stop the whining.

As soon as the fun starts, I'll join in. When I was in junior high, I
remember chatting with the other fellows about "what kind of car would you
buy if you had a really big allowance?" I'm not in junior high anymore,
and I don't fantasize about slow-moving boats that must draw nearly 8' of
water.

I enjoy practical or informational boating discussions.

What you're doing, and I don't mean it as an insult, is playing
"Smithers." He has absolutely nothing meaningful to contribute to a
boating discussion, so he searches the internet for something - anything -
that is boating-related. Well, you're not a boating poseur, so why play
one?

Reggie Smithers

Tom,
I would agree with all of your choices except for the bevy of busty deck
hands. I would prefer tall athletic woman with small and perky boobs. I
find the busty deck hands only want to lie in the hammock or sunpad.

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:04:50 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

. ..
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:26:45 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

OK, you bought your dream boat with that lottery jackpot you won. Let's
assume you purchased a brand spanking new Nordhavn 57
http://www.nordhavn.com/57/overview.php4 .

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Nordhaven 57

Fine, then equip whatever boat you want.

Kewl!!!

Ok, first I'd start with Raymarine E-system - the whole shooting match
including the bow thruster interface for positioning purposes.

Second, I'd install a Sea Tel system for communications including
Internet/phone and whatever else I could stuff into it.

Third, a Sea Tel Satellite TV system with US/EU compatibility and the
HDTV application.

Fourth, whatever was in vogue for stereo equipment today along with
flat screen LCD TVs for all the staterooms.

A complete set of fly-by-wire controls for engines, HVAC, steering,
etc.

Last, and not least, A bevy of busty deck hands whose uniforms consist
of string thong bikini's.

Bill McKee

[...]

And after the wife boards, they will find you dead, on whatever that is not
a Nordhaven 57.

Doug Kanter

" JimH" wrote in message
OK, you bought your dream boat with that lottery jackpot you won. Let's
assume you purchased a brand spanking new Nordhavn 57
http://www.nordhavn.com/57/overview.php4 .

It is time now to equip it for a long range ocean travel.

Let's start with electronics including navigation, communications,
entertainment.

Again, money is no object.

Two of these:
http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm

A lot of this:
http://www.jackdaniels.com/home.asp

Not sure yet how many of these:
http://content1.babesdiary.com/sarah-and-celine/00.jpg
(Thank you to my traffic manager for this one)

Can't forget my trusty this:
http://www.peavey.com/images/product...0461110_lg.jpg

Probably some Fritos, too.

JimH

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:04:50 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

. ..
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:26:45 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

OK, you bought your dream boat with that lottery jackpot you won. Let's
assume you purchased a brand spanking new Nordhavn 57
http://www.nordhavn.com/57/overview.php4 .

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Nordhaven 57

Fine, then equip whatever boat you want.

Kewl!!!

Ok, first I'd start with Raymarine E-system - the whole shooting match
including the bow thruster interface for positioning purposes.

Raymarine vs. Furuno radar/plotter?

Second, I'd install a Sea Tel system for communications including
Internet/phone and whatever else I could stuff into it.

Third, a Sea Tel Satellite TV system with US/EU compatibility and the
HDTV application.

Fourth, whatever was in vogue for stereo equipment today along with
flat screen LCD TVs for all the staterooms.

A complete set of fly-by-wire controls for engines, HVAC, steering,
etc.

Last, and not least, A bevy of busty deck hands whose uniforms consist
of string thong bikini's.

So when do you launch?

Harry Krause wrote:

Other than the babes, too many complicated systems.

Other than the babes? A more "complicated system" has yet to be
invented.

You probably meant that although the babes are a complicated system,
(especially when there are more than one!), they couldn't really be
considered "too many." :-)