Eisboch

Default Trailer Tire Air

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
When filling the tires on my boat trailer with fresh air, should I be
checking to see what sort of compressor the service station uses?

Or should I avoid service station compressors altogether and use strictly
my own air compressor in order to avoid the nasties that live in an
infrequently cleaned service station compressor?

And if I use a service station compressor, should I feed its product
through a special filter?

No need to be concerned as long as you faithfully change the air in your
tires once a year.

Eisboch

JimH

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
When filling the tires on my boat trailer with fresh air, should I be
checking to see what sort of compressor the service station uses?

Or should I avoid service station compressors altogether and use strictly
my own air compressor in order to avoid the nasties that live in an
infrequently cleaned service station compressor?

And if I use a service station compressor, should I feed its product
through a special filter?

No need to be concerned as long as you faithfully change the air in your
tires once a year.

Eisboch

Nothing worse than stale air........it guarantees a bumpy ride.

Also remember to grease your brake pads on both your car and boat trailer
when changing the air in the tires.

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Easy for you to say...your marina probably has air discharge tanks that
are pumped out every week.

She will kill me if she happens to read this, but a few years ago Mrs.E
asked me to have the air in her car tires changed. Playing along for the
ride, I asked her why? Her reasoning - it had never been changed and was
probably going bad by now. She was dead serious.

Methinks she should stick to horses.

Eisboch

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

No offense, but I cannot figure out why anyone not in the biz would want
to "keep" his or her own horses. The work is as endless as the expense.
And if you go out of town for a couple of days, you have find someone
willing to put up with taking care of the animal.

Changing the air in tires is more fun than shoveling out a barn every day.

She gave that up after the second year of ownership. Both horses are now
boarded at the trainer's facility.

Life is good again.

Eisboch

Tom

She will kill me if she happens to read this, but a few years ago Mrs.E
asked me to have the air in her car tires changed. Playing along for the
ride, I asked her why? Her reasoning - it had never been changed and was
probably going bad by now. She was dead serious.

Methinks she should stick to horses.

Eisboch

Reminds me of the time, I asked my wife to bring me my portable air tank.
When I asked her if she could handle it as it had 120 lbs of air in it, she
said no way she could lift that much weight.

Tom G.