Don White

Default Venture boat trailer question

Harry Krause wrote:
Eddie wrote:

There is a 32' galvanized triple axle with10,600 lb rating capacity
for sale in the Santa Cruz, Ca. area. It's on Ebay and current high
bid is $3.050 and owner will sell now for $5,500.
I checked with the manufacturer and they referred me to a retail
dealer. It's in the E coast and the retail on one brand new is
$4,295.
The trailer is new, having been used to carry but not tow a boat until
the seller got a berth in a local marina. It was transported to the
W. coast in a truck so it does not have mileage on the wheels.
It's exactly what I'd like to get for my 28' Regal.
Looks like his "sell now" price is including what he probably paid to
transport it out here.
Anyone familiar with Venture products? And is the $5500 price about
right? Or should I put in a bid? I was thinking $4000.
Any help greatly appreciated.
(this is my first trailer purchase)
Eddie in San Jose

They're nothing special. One came as part of the package with my first
trailerboat of the 1990s. Just an ordinary galvanized trailer with leaf
springs. The leaf springs rust up pretty fast. They're a fairly standard
"boat dealer special" trailer.

I would call the manufacturer and see if there is a distributor or
dealer in your area, and check the price locally. Or, if there isn't a
local dealer, call an East Coast dealer and see what the trailer sells for.

Have to agree with Harry. I was over to a local dealer a couple of
times...first scouting out a light duty (700 lb) trailer for a 14'
daysailer and then for a 2000 lb unit for a mini-cruising sailboat.
Looked pretty basic & expensive to me, and I was getting the runaround
about brake requirements because of my tow vehicle (Plymouth Voyager).
It's possible I might still buy one...but only because the selection is
skimpy in my area. I don't know of anyone who sells the aluminum
trailers here.

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM