BoatBanter.com

-   -   Aweful quiet in here................ (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/64518-aweful-quiet-here.html)

JimH December 24th 05 02:58 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

...........all the guys must be out finally getting that Christmas gift for
their wives.

You guys give the rest of us a bad name!

Anyway, the turkey is stuffed and has been cooking for about an hour.
Guests arrive after 1.

Merry Christmas folks.

Doug Kanter December 24th 05 03:47 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

" JimH" wrote in message
..........all the guys must be out finally getting that Christmas gift for
their wives.

You guys give the rest of us a bad name!

Anyway, the turkey is stuffed and has been cooking for about an hour.
Guests arrive after 1.

Merry Christmas folks.

I'm busy cleaning the guns and setting up the razor wire. If anyone comes
down MY chimney, he's not going back up. There's something strange about a
holiday when you're supposed to not only *wish* for an intruder, but also
leave food out for him.

John Gaquin December 24th 05 04:10 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message news:%3erf.1945

...... There's something strange about a holiday when you're supposed to
not only *wish* for an intruder, but also leave food out for him.

But Dougie.......don't you get it? Its a lefties wet dream!!! Somebody
shows up right on schedule, and delivers free stuff right to your house!
You don't have to qualify, ...you don't even have to show him an ID card!

Merry Christmas to all! (even Democrats) :-)

Don White December 24th 05 04:50 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

JimH wrote:
..........all the guys must be out finally getting that Christmas gift for
their wives.

You guys give the rest of us a bad name!

Anyway, the turkey is stuffed and has been cooking for about an hour.
Guests arrive after 1.

Merry Christmas folks.

Merry christmas to you and everyone in the newsgroup.
Happy holidays to anyone celebrating other than Christmas.

Cooking that turkey already? We do it Christmas Day.
My assigned duties today include cleaning the upstairs bathroom top to
bottom.

JimH December 24th 05 04:56 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

"Don White" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
..........all the guys must be out finally getting that Christmas gift
for their wives.

You guys give the rest of us a bad name!

Anyway, the turkey is stuffed and has been cooking for about an hour.
Guests arrive after 1.

Merry Christmas folks.

Merry christmas to you and everyone in the newsgroup.
Happy holidays to anyone celebrating other than Christmas.

Cooking that turkey already? We do it Christmas Day.
My assigned duties today include cleaning the upstairs bathroom top to
bottom.

Turkey, stuffing and all the fixings today. Tomorrow we go to 8 a.m. mass,
then open gifts while sipping on our favorite adult beverage, then pork,
sauerkraut and dumplings for dinner. We will have the same on News Years
Day.

Doug Kanter December 24th 05 05:32 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

It ain't around here. Kids, Daughter in Law,, Son in Law, Girlfriend,
Boyfriend, six dogs four of which don't belong to me, two grandkids,
two cats....

AAARRRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Later,

Tom

Six dogs. You said six, as in 6. Six dogs.

If you can get them near a window, I could help with that. I'll even pay for
the window repair.

Doug Kanter December 24th 05 05:38 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:56:23 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
..........all the guys must be out finally getting that Christmas gift
for their wives.

You guys give the rest of us a bad name!

Anyway, the turkey is stuffed and has been cooking for about an hour.
Guests arrive after 1.

Merry Christmas folks.

Merry christmas to you and everyone in the newsgroup.
Happy holidays to anyone celebrating other than Christmas.

Cooking that turkey already? We do it Christmas Day.
My assigned duties today include cleaning the upstairs bathroom top to
bottom.

Turkey, stuffing and all the fixings today. Tomorrow we go to 8 a.m.
mass,
then open gifts while sipping on our favorite adult beverage, then pork,
sauerkraut and dumplings for dinner. We will have the same on News Years
Day.

Wife, daughters and DIL decided on roast beef for tomorrow. Not just
any roast beef - A FREAKIN' STEAMSHIP ROUND OF PRIME RIB!!!

It's slow roasting as we speak.

You have any idea how much that damn thing cost me?

Tonight, the traditional Christmas Eve meal of American Slop Chewy,
salad, garlic bread and banana cream pie. Then all the Military types
get out the dress uniforms, the kids get cleaned up and it's off to
8:00 mass (kids mass). I'm sitting this one out because my RA is
flaring and I'm really not in the mood.

It's the stress of having all these freakin' people in my house. :)

RA??? What's that?

Doug Kanter December 24th 05 05:47 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:38:28 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..

"Don White" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
[...]

Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Do you notice the stress-related increase pretty quickly?

[email protected] December 24th 05 05:58 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

JimH wrote:
..........all the guys must be out finally getting that Christmas gift for
their wives.

You guys give the rest of us a bad name!

Anyway, the turkey is stuffed and has been cooking for about an hour.
Guests arrive after 1.

Merry Christmas folks.

Not I.

My shopping is done.

My personal shopping coach flew in from New York to steer me through
the proper series of department stores and point out just the styles,
colors, and sizes that would be perfect for my wife. (Personal shopping
coach is my adult daughter, who will be visiting until NYD). Personal
shopping coach managed to "hint" that she really personally liked a
bottle of a certain cologne, so it found its way to the cash register
along with one of the groups of baubles and bangles for the Mrs. You
think gas is expensive? I don't know what fraction of an ounce, or so,
you get for $80- but you know that stuff has to be selling somewhere on
the upper side of $1000 a gallon. It would be cheaper if my Personal
shopping coach/adult daughter simply daubed gasoline or diesel behind
her ears- but on second thought that would only attract a powerboater
(like her dad) or a NASCAR fan, so the cologne is a wise investment.

Still today:

Football game with son.
Drive out to little farm town tonight, visit my inlaws. Drive back.

Tomorrow:

up at 0600, go downtown and prepare breakfast for 200 homeless
1000, will go to neighborhood church
1100, go home to rejoin wife and kids. My parents will show up before
1200 to spend the afternoon and dine on holiday beast.

Some "holiday", I'm running my arse off. Much prefer more spontaneuos
and more natural
celebrations, but solstice is just past and light is reentering the
world on as many levels as one cares to consider it (even if the
Christians have the date screwed up- big grin and a friendly wink).

Interesting to note that in the earliest years, the Christian New Years
was at the spring solsitice, in the month we now call March.

http://www.bibletime.com/jesus/birth/

Merry Christmas, Happy Holdiays, etc etc etc to everybody in the NG.

Doug Kanter December 24th 05 06:22 PM

Aweful quiet in here................

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:47:40 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:38:28 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

m...

"Don White" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
[...]

Instantly.

Fishing must be spectacular as a medication, then.