JohnH

Default Those torturing US *******s...

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:25:09 -0500, "Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name)
Smithers wrote:

If you don't like http://www.evanescence.com/ you and I have a real
problem. ; )

.. .
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:01:36 -0500, JohnH wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:42:01 -0500, "Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first
name)
Smithers wrote:

JohnH,
Where the hell do you guys find this music. I had to download Enya to
see
what or who he/she was. I found he was playing a number of songs I
liked,
but he screwed them up big time.

Can you imagine if you were anchored in a quiet cove, and a boat pulled
in
playing Enya? I think the police would let you off with a warning if you
sank his boat. All you would have to say is "... but Officer, he was
playing Enya". ; )

I don't know who you downloaded, but Enya is female.

My friends from Holland got me listening to her. Beautiful stuff.

She's horrible. Every single album she's done since Orinoco Flow
sounds exactly the same.

Elevator music.

Bad elevator music.

I told the daughter to get it for me for Christmas. Then if I don't like it, I can
get upset with her. That'll help group harmony.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
JimH

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:37:38 -0500, "Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my
first name) Smithers wrote:

Go to your room, NOW.

NO!!!

Besides, I'm already in my room.

LMAO!

Doug Kanter

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:19:49 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:15:46 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name) Smithers wrote in message
JohnH,
I think the word you are looking for is "haunting".

Check out Evanescence (Amy Lee). Same quality, but not quiet as high
pitched.

I get chills listening to her sing.

There's always the Joni Mitchell "Clouds" album.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like listening to Joan Baez sing "for Tookie's life!!"

Put this in your CD player and turn the volume *way* up!

Camille Saint-Saëns, Symphony #3 "Organ" in C minor, Op. 78/Telarc
CD-80051
Michael Murray (organ), Eugene Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra
--
John H

Goodbye speaker cones when the organ arrives, unless you've got a real
amplifier. :-)

JohnH

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:45:54 GMT, "Doug Kanter" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name) Smithers wrote in message
JohnH,
I think the word you are looking for is "haunting".

Check out Evanescence (Amy Lee). Same quality, but not quiet as high
pitched.

I get chills listening to her sing.

There's always the Joni Mitchell "Clouds" album.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like listening to Joan Baez sing "for Tookie's life!!"

Put this in your CD player and turn the volume *way* up!

Camille Saint-Saëns, Symphony #3 "Organ" in C minor, Op. 78/Telarc
CD-80051
Michael Murray (organ), Eugene Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra
--
John H

Goodbye speaker cones when the organ arrives, unless you've got a real
amplifier. :-)

Ain't it beautiful! *That* puts chills up and down my spine!

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:45:54 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

It's fun to play it for people who only listen to Beatles.
"Hey....duh....that's the song from 'Babe the Gallant Pig'!"

JohnH

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:50:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Now there's a bit of trivia I didn't know. Thanks!

wrote:
Put this in your CD player and turn the volume *way* up!

Camille Saint-Saëns, Symphony #3 "Organ" in C minor, Op. 78/Telarc
CD-80051
Michael Murray (organ), Eugene Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra
--
John H

Goodbye speaker cones when the organ arrives, unless you've got a real
amplifier. :-)

Ain't it beautiful! *That* puts chills up and down my spine!
--
John H

It's fun to play it for people who only listen to Beatles.
"Hey....duh....that's the song from 'Babe the Gallant Pig'!"

Now there's a bit of trivia I didn't know. Thanks!

You never saw the movie???

Here's another for you:
"Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis"
by Ralph Vaughan Williams

Leonard Slatkin, St Louis Symphony Orchestra
Telarc CD-80059

There are other versions around, but they suck. Our local orchestra, the
Rochester Philharmonic, tried it once, conducted by Zubin Mehta. Even HE
screwed it up by moving it along too fast.

Just buy it. The rest of the CD's interesting, too. Especially "Irish Tune
from County Derry", by Percy Grainger. Also known as "Danny Boy". Take away
the weepy drunken Irish singer and it's quite a piece.

Reggie Smithers

Very nice. Check out Mussorgsky's Picture at an Exhibition.

You can listen to some selections he
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

Make sure you don't miss : Pictures At An Exhibition: X. La Grande Porte
de Kiev

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:45:54 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Wayne.B

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:03:57 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Here's another for you:
"Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis"
by Ralph Vaughan Williams

Leonard Slatkin, St Louis Symphony Orchestra
Telarc CD-80059

===========================

Rousing stuff indeed. I remember the first time I heard that piece on
FM radio. Couldn't rest until I owned the CD.

Doug Kanter

wrote:

Here's another for you:
"Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis"
by Ralph Vaughan Williams

Leonard Slatkin, St Louis Symphony Orchestra
Telarc CD-80059

Rousing stuff indeed. I remember the first time I heard that piece on
FM radio. Couldn't rest until I owned the CD.

I used to use it as one of my demo disks in the stereo biz many years ago.
Once, it brought a lady customer to tears. She used about 20 Kleenex, but
she bought the system. Nice one, too.