Smithers

Default Boating Movie Trivia Contest.

Paul,
What class used this movie as part of the class? It sounds like the teacher
wanted a day or two off from preparing for class. ; )

"P Fritz" wrote in message
I remember it being used as part of a high school class back in my
day.....

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message
. ..
Tom,
Then it is time you rented the movie. Many times I hear old time movies

are
great, and then I am bored to death. This is a great movie with in depth
character study, that is just as real today as when it was 50 yrs ago.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:28:38 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message

The Caine Mutiny. It is just as good today as when it was first
released.

I've got this bizzare tradition of watching The Caine Mutiny once a

year -
always on New Year's eve.
Been doing so for about 10-12 years now.

Wierd.

I've never seen it.

P Fritz

No, it wasn't the football coach, it was either a psych class or an
advanced lit.........you are asking me to remember almost 30 years ago ;-)

Back in the day where you had to get the projector from the AV room, and
have tape on hand for when the film broke, etc etc.

wrote:

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message

The Caine Mutiny. It is just as good today as when it was first
released.

I've got this bizzare tradition of watching The Caine Mutiny once a

year -
always on New Year's eve.
Been doing so for about 10-12 years now.

Wierd.

I've never seen it.

Smithers one of 1000's

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?...5&trkid=181036

Tom, Netflix has the Movie "Wind" and it has a good rating. The race
scenes are exciting, especially if you have done some racing.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 06:44:50 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

DSK wrote:
The Caine Mutiny. It is just as good today as when it was first
released.

Agreed, although I wasn't to be bron yet for many years when
it was released.

"Eisboch" wrote:
I've got this bizzare tradition of watching The Caine Mutiny once a
year -
always on New Year's eve.
Been doing so for about 10-12 years now.

Wierd.

It would only be weird if you didn't enjoy it, but did it
anyway. Personally, I think it's an all-time great movie
but prob'ly wouldn't watch it that often.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
I've never seen it.

You have a treat coming, then. Get a copy of 'Wind' and
watch that, too.

I don't doubt Tom, but it is hard to believe he hasn't seen the original
Caine Mutiny. I wonder if he read the book.

Of course I've read the book - Herman Wouk is/was one of my favorite
authors.

Wind is a pretty good sailing movie, through some of the scenes between
the two yachts at the end seem contrived and other worldly. I did get a
giggle out of the "gang" having the welding skills necessary to build a
homebrew aluminum 12-meter boat.

I just called the video store, ain't never heard of it. Looked on
Netflix, ain't never heard of it.

Smithers one of 1000's

Tom,
There were multiple pages, you didn't go to the other pages. No problem, it
is a nice movie.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:10:38 -0500, "Smithers one of 1000's" Smithers
of a 1000 names wrote:

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?...5&trkid=181036

Tom, Netflix has the Movie "Wind" and it has a good rating. The race
scenes are exciting, especially if you have done some racing.

How did you find that? I entered Wind in Netflix search and it came
up with every other combination of Wind, including Gone With The, but
not Wind.

Hey, thanks man - appreciate it.