Wayne.B

Default Boating Movie Trivia Contest.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:14:35 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Okay, here's one that should be fun.

Name a movie in which any sort of boats figure prominently,

then name the year it was released,

the director,

several of the stars in the movie,

and offer up a one or two sentence plot summary which should
oversimplify everything.

Director: Thom Eberhardt

Year: 1992

Starring: Kurt Russell and Martin Short

Plot Summary: A family in Chicago inherits the yacht formerly owned by
Clark Gable.

These don't have to be "serious" movies do they?
DSK

Wayne.B wrote:
Director: Thom Eberhardt

Year: 1992

Starring: Kurt Russell and Martin Short

Plot Summary: A family in Chicago inherits the yacht formerly owned by
Clark Gable.

These don't have to be "serious" movies do they?

Captain Ron!

I can give some movie clues in less words.

Humphrey Bogart says "(click click) They were all against
me. (click click) They were against me from the start."

#2 "Set the whomper."

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DSK

Humphrey Bogart says "(click click) They were all against
me. (click click) They were against me from the start."

~~ Yawn ~~

The Caine Mutiny - 1954

Next... :)

Correct!

#2 "Set the whomper."

And?

DSK

#2 "Set the whomper."

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Eisboch

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message

The Caine Mutiny. It is just as good today as when it was first released.

I've got this bizzare tradition of watching The Caine Mutiny once a year -
always on New Year's eve.
Been doing so for about 10-12 years now.

Wierd.

Eisboch

DSK

The Caine Mutiny. It is just as good today as when it was first released.

Agreed, although I wasn't to be bron yet for many years when
it was released.

"Eisboch" wrote:
I've got this bizzare tradition of watching The Caine Mutiny once a year -
always on New Year's eve.
Been doing so for about 10-12 years now.

Wierd.

It would only be weird if you didn't enjoy it, but did it
anyway. Personally, I think it's an all-time great movie
but prob'ly wouldn't watch it that often.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
I've never seen it.

You have a treat coming, then. Get a copy of 'Wind' and
watch that, too.

DSK

Smithers

Richard,
It took balls for tough guy Bogie to play such a drastically different
character from his normal roles. I wonder if his character was well received
when it was
released.
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message

The Caine Mutiny. It is just as good today as when it was first
released.

I've got this bizzare tradition of watching The Caine Mutiny once a year -
always on New Year's eve.
Been doing so for about 10-12 years now.

Wierd.

Eisboch

Smithers

Tom,
Then it is time you rented the movie. Many times I hear old time movies are
great, and then I am bored to death. This is a great movie with in depth
character study, that is just as real today as when it was 50 yrs ago.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:28:38 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message

The Caine Mutiny. It is just as good today as when it was first
released.

I've got this bizzare tradition of watching The Caine Mutiny once a year -
always on New Year's eve.
Been doing so for about 10-12 years now.

Wierd.

I've never seen it.

Smithers

1996
Director: Ridley Scott
Actor : Son of Sea Hunt ; )

Teenage boys discover discipline and camaraderie on an sailing voyage. A
great coming of age movie.

.. .