NOYB

Default OT--Very bad news for the Democratic naysayers

Poll: Broad Optimism in Iraq, But Also Deep Divisions Among Groups
On the Eve of the Elections, Most Iraqis Want Iraq To Stay Unified
Analysis By GARY LANGER and JON COHEN
Dec. 12, 2005 - - Surprising levels of optimism prevail in Iraq with living
conditions improved, security more a national worry than a local one, and
expectations for the future high. But views of the country's situation
overall are far less positive, and there are vast differences in views among
Iraqi groups -- a study in contrasts between increasingly disaffected Sunni
areas and vastly more positive Shiite and Kurdish provinces.

An ABC News poll in Iraq, conducted with Time magazine and other media
partners, includes some remarkable results: Despite the daily violence
there, most living conditions are rated positively, seven in 10 Iraqis say
their own lives are going well, and nearly two-thirds expect things to
improve in the year ahead.

Surprisingly, given the insurgents' attacks on Iraqi civilians, more than
six in 10 Iraqis feel very safe in their own neighborhoods, up sharply from
just 40 percent in a poll in June 2004. And 61 percent say local security is
good -- up from 49 percent in the first ABC News poll in Iraq in February
2004.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/print?id=1389228

Can't win, Mr. Dean?

John H.

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:03:01 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

[...]

The Democrat pundits, including Murtha, are saying 80% of Iraqis want us out now. That ABC poll,
which I've not seen on TV *anywhere* yet, says, "Specifically, 26 percent of Iraqis say U.S. and
other coalition forces should "leave now" and another 19 percent say they should go after the
government chosen in this week's election takes office; that adds to 45 percent."

Is ABC telling the truth here? Are all those folks spouting 80% telling the truth? Someone is full
of pferdeäpfel.

The two paragraphs you quoted sure tell a different story than one hears from NBC, CNN, or any
Democrat congress person (except Lieberman, of course).
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular,
and your New Year even Better!
thunder

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:03:01 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Can't win, Mr. Dean?

Define win. We have traded the lives of over two thousand young
Americans, for one SOB. I have a hard time considering that a win. We
have shed as much American blood for Iraqi freedom, as we did in our own
Revolutionary War.

While that survey shows there is hope for Iraq, it isn't all roses. Last
year's survey showed similar levels of optimism, but the level of
violence increased. There are still high levels of Sunni dissatisfaction,
and the insurgency will continue. I have stated that I believe we have to
stay the course, but don't be calling this a "win".

As for your neo-con dream of having bases to provoke Syria and Iran,
forget it. If you read the numbers from that survey, at least 92% of
Iraqis want us out. Timing is their only differentiation.
Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
thunder wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:03:01 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Can't win, Mr. Dean?

Define win. We have traded the lives of over two thousand young
Americans, for one SOB. I have a hard time considering that a win. We
have shed as much American blood for Iraqi freedom, as we did in our own
Revolutionary War. While that survey shows there is hope for Iraq, it
isn't all roses. Last
year's survey showed similar levels of optimism, but the level of
violence increased. There are still high levels of Sunni
dissatisfaction,
and the insurgency will continue. I have stated that I believe we have
stay the course, but don't be calling this a "win".

As for your neo-con dream of having bases to provoke Syria and Iran,
forget it. If you read the numbers from that survey, at least 92% of
Iraqis want us out. Timing is their only differentiation.

What the Iraqis want most of all is for us to get the hell out of their
country so they can get on with the task of dividing up the land into two
or three parcels. One of these parcels will align closely with the
Iranians, and will continue to be a huge problem for us and the remaining
parcel(s). The Kurds may split off, which should be interesting for the
remaining parcels and for Turkey. And one chunk will be sort of aligned
with us until the Muslim fundies take it over completely, and toss us out.

Hopefully, this may come to pass before the 2998 US elections, so even the
dumbest of the dumb US voter realizes that George W. Bush and his party of
"U.S. uber alles" was on crack cocaine.

There is no chance, none whatsoever, that Iraq or any portion of it, is
going to settle down and become a real democracy and a Western ally.

I watched Presidummy Bush yesterday. It's nice that he finally is
admitting publicly that more than 30,000 Iraqis have died to date because
of his hubris.

Permanent U.S. bases in an independent, united Iran? Not a chance, though
they might be there until we are forced out, along with the puppet regime
we prop up, ala South vietnam.

You must have missed the ABC News poll. Oh, that's right because its
findings are contrary to the view the Major Media wants to portray nobody
reported it.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Permanent U.S. bases in an independent, united Iran? .

Don't get ahead of yourself. It's permanent U.S. bases in an independent
Iraq. Iran is later on.

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Permanent U.S. bases in an independent, united Iran? .

Don't get ahead of yourself. It's permanent U.S. bases in an independent
Iraq. Iran is later on.

Yes, in our march toward ruling the entire world.......Heil Bush!

Yes, in our march toward ruling the entire world.......Heil Bush!

Brilliant
just brilliant!

P Fritz

wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, in our march toward ruling the entire world.......Heil Bush!

Brilliant
just brilliant!

And Keivn wonders why he is the "King of the NG idiots"????

DSK

NOYB wrote:

Poll: Broad Optimism in Iraq, But Also Deep Divisions Among Groups
On the Eve of the Elections, Most Iraqis Want Iraq To Stay Unified
Analysis By GARY LANGER and JON COHEN
Dec. 12, 2005 - - Surprising levels of optimism prevail in Iraq with living
conditions improved, security more a national worry than a local one, and
expectations for the future high.

Gee, that sounds great. When do you suppose public utilities
like water & electricity will be supplied at levels
comparable to before the US invasion?

If the Iraqis are optimistic, that's very good. OTOH it
could also be due to the $300 million feel-good publicity
campaign recently carried out over there (paid for by our
tax money)....

DSK

John H.

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:43:27 -0500, DSK wrote:

NOYB wrote:

Poll: Broad Optimism in Iraq, But Also Deep Divisions Among Groups
On the Eve of the Elections, Most Iraqis Want Iraq To Stay Unified
Analysis By GARY LANGER and JON COHEN
Dec. 12, 2005 - - Surprising levels of optimism prevail in Iraq with living
conditions improved, security more a national worry than a local one, and
expectations for the future high.

Gee, that sounds great. When do you suppose public utilities
like water & electricity will be supplied at levels
comparable to before the US invasion?

If the Iraqis are optimistic, that's very good. OTOH it
could also be due to the $300 million feel-good publicity
campaign recently carried out over there (paid for by our
tax money)....

DSK

"Average household incomes have soared by 60 percent in the last 20 months (to $263 a month), 70
percent of Iraqis rate their own economic situation positively, and consumer goods are sweeping the
country. In early 2004, 6 percent of Iraqi households had cell phones; now it's 62 percent.
Ownership of satellite dishes has nearly tripled, and many more families now own air conditioners
(58 percent, up from 44 percent), cars, washing machines and kitchen appliances."

I wonder why all those people are buying satellite dishes and air conditioners, when they don't have
electricity?