Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default termites on boats

I just read in another page someone saying "termites are land based and
not a problem on
boats." Well, I have a 39ft fibreglass sail boat that has a collony
living in the baffles in the watertank. appearently the baffles built
by the first owner 20yrs back were constructed of plywood and glassed
in. So now I'm in the process of cutting out 2 - 100 gal tanks but I'm
looking for a way to fumigate the boat as well. BTW, I'm presently in
the Rio Dulce in Guatamala , hence no local bug terminators here. Any
sane suggustions would be apprieciated.

More boats...mid boom Capt. Rob ASA 14 December 11th 05 12:08 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
Fiberglass loss of strength Mic Cruising 1 October 15th 05 08:03 PM