posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default More boats...mid boom

More crappy boats to add to the list with mid-boom sheeting!!!!

Shannon
Swan 48
C&C 121
Tartan (new boats!)
Sabre (New boats!!!)

Bwahahahahaha!!! Doug said it was popular way back when but half the
premium boats out there have it!!!

Good work, Doug! You know boats just like Sloco! And kids, don't be
afraid of a traveler in the cockpit!!!!

RB
35s5....a kid safe boat!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

"Capt" Rob wrote:
More crappy boats to add to the list with mid-boom sheeting!!!!

Shannon
Swan 48
C&C 121

You're repeating yourself

...And kids, don't be
afraid of a traveler in the cockpit!!!!

Should one teach kids that boats (or whatever) have been
made especially safe for them, so they never learn use
proper care & intelligence when on a boat (or whereever)?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

...And kids, don't be
afraid of a traveler in the cockpit!!!!

Should one teach kids that boats (or whatever) have been
made especially safe for them, so they never learn use
proper care & intelligence when on a boat (or whereever)?

A traveler mounted on the coach roof is a common item, available from
many builders. I had one on the C&C 32 and it worked fine. The 73 year
old owner of the 35s5 had no problem adjusting the mainsheet in 25
knots of air and a clear cockpit is better for a family out for some
fun and short range cruising.
Really, Doug. You have no point.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
...And kids, don't be
afraid of a traveler in the cockpit!!!!

Should one teach kids that boats (or whatever) have been
made especially safe for them, so they never learn use
proper care & intelligence when on a boat (or whereever)?

A traveler mounted on the coach roof is a common item,

available from
many builders. I had one on the C&C 32 and it worked fine. The

73 year
old owner of the 35s5 had no problem adjusting the mainsheet in

25
knots of air and a clear cockpit is better for a family out for

some
fun and short range cruising.

''short range cruising''

BWaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
aha ha

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

He's going to cruise to the fridge for another chicken leg and baby
bottle.

Bwahahahahahahah

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff

Scotty wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
knots of air and a clear cockpit is better for a family out for
some fun and short range cruising.

''short range cruising''

BWaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
aha ha

Booby has a special shore power cable for just that purpose.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Scotty wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
knots of air and a clear cockpit is better for a family out

for
some fun and short range cruising.

''short range cruising''

BWaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
aha ha

Booby has a special shore power cable for just that purpose.

Longer than the ones he's hawking on e-bay, I hope. After all, it
would be horrific to sleep w/out AC.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

The bottom line is mid boom sheeting was invented to please women who
wanted the cockpit free of that nasty shin banging traveler so dockside
activities would be easier to perform. And that's that.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

The bottom line is mid boom sheeting was invented to please women who
wanted the cockpit free of that nasty shin banging traveler so dockside

activities would be easier to perform.

It was invented to clear the cockpit for all types of activities and is
safer for toddlers. I can see how such a thing would never be important
to you. Even with my RF headsail and mid-boom sheeting, the 35s5 is
still a far nicer boat than yours in EVERY way!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Boobie, you forgot to add Coranados to your list.

Sailing Boom Brake - Vangs - Sail shapes +more links Mic Cruising 0 November 6th 05 03:32 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
Fiberglass loss of strength Mic Cruising 1 October 15th 05 08:03 PM