John H.

Default Teenagers, Cars and GPS?

LMAO!

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:59:20 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me about my driveway leading up to
my manor. wrote:

Doug,
This conversation is finished. I do not want to discuss fold up maps or map
books anymore. If you insist on continuing this conversation, I will be
forced to create a MACRO. Don't make me create a MACRO on you now. ; )

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me about my driveway leading up to my
manor. wrote in message ...
Doug,

As someone who started driving using fold up maps and has since converted
to Mapquest I find Mapquest far superior. It is on one page, versus a
fold up map where you have to refold the map to cover the area you want
to travel. You can change the scale and detail to fit your needs. You
can easily review your route before you leave, and it only requires
minimum review along the way. You don't have to worry about the fold up
map getting torn in the car, or being destroy by numerous folding and
unfolding, trying to fold the map correctly after your wife and daughters
had incorrectly folded the map numerous times. Or even trying to locate
the map after the wife and children have driven the car.

Now, if you EVER mention fold up maps again, you are either going down to
the basement or tied to the TV.

I personally would vote for the TV gag.

Aren't there map books of your city??? The one I have is rugged, and the
scale is perfect for driving around and quickly spotting where you are.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Don White

Skipper wrote:
Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

That might be why they never responded as we talked to them.

I've noticed that Krause does not respond to your posts. Do you have any
idea why? Did you embarrass him or somethin?

--
Skipper

You're just noticing that now?
Who said you were a bit slow?
JR North

'Preciate that. My lawyer has been bugging me for a new case lately.
JR

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

JR,
Where do you live? I am going to ask her to put her practice hours in your
neighborhood.

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .

Geeez...a cell phone, gps, blabbing friends, blaring tunes...Hope your
insurance is paid up. Oh, and please tell us where she will be driving, so
we can get the hell out of the way.
JR

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

Our youngest daughter will be turning 16 in Jan. My wife wants to give
her a GPS unit for the car. My wife's logic is she would be a safer
driver, if she didn't knew where she was going, and was not looking for
street names and addresses.

It seems to me that another electronic toy in the car is just another
thing to distract her from watching the road.

Does anyone have any experience with GPS and teenagers?

and

Most importantly, does anyone have any experience buying a handheld unit
that has both maps for city driving and nautical charts?

Lord Reginald Smithers

JR,
NP, my wife wanted our daughter to learn how to drink coffee while applying
makeup and chatting on the phone all at the same time. I thought the GPS
unit was over the top, but as long as she has a nice quiet neighborhood to
practice in, it probably will be ok.

"JR North" wrote in message
'Preciate that. My lawyer has been bugging me for a new case lately.
JR

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

JR,
Where do you live? I am going to ask her to put her practice hours in
your neighborhood.

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .

Geeez...a cell phone, gps, blabbing friends, blaring tunes...Hope your
insurance is paid up. Oh, and please tell us where she will be driving,
so we can get the hell out of the way.
JR

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

Our youngest daughter will be turning 16 in Jan. My wife wants to give
her a GPS unit for the car. My wife's logic is she would be a safer
driver, if she didn't knew where she was going, and was not looking for
street names and addresses.

It seems to me that another electronic toy in the car is just another
thing to distract her from watching the road.

Does anyone have any experience with GPS and teenagers?

and

Most importantly, does anyone have any experience buying a handheld unit
that has both maps for city driving and nautical charts?

Lord Reginald Smithers

Harry,
My feeling are hurt. Do you really think I am an obsessed a$$hole?

Can you imagine anyone who would follow someone else around making snide
comments after everyone's post. Can you imagine the type of person who
would do that with hundreds of people. Someone who would visit alt.obits,
and rec.jetski just to instigate fights so he could use his limited
vocabulary to sling silly insults? I am glad I only chat with you, and stay
away from the silly insults. I am glad I only chat about those things you
have already made a topic of conversation.

My feelings are hurt, because I place so much value in your opinion. Is
there something I can do to make up? Maybe we can get together for a beer
and a spin in your Lobster Boat. I'll buy the diesel fuel.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
Skipper wrote:
Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

That might be why they never responded as we talked to them.

I've noticed that Krause does not respond to your posts. Do you have any
idea why? Did you embarrass him or somethin?

--
Skipper

You're just noticing that now?
Who said you were a bit slow?

Smithers wants sooooo badly for me to give him a tumble, he can almost
taste it. He spends most of his time in rec.boats writing questions to me
that will never be answered, and comments about me that he thinks will
upset me in some way.

If there is a clinical variant of "obsessed asshole," Smithers is its
name.

Skipper, of course, is in a different category. He's sort of outrageous
like NOYB (though not nearly as clever), and as boring in his dogma as
that "other" Dave Hall that used to visit here.

One can imagine Skippy encountering a burglar in his house and telling the
guy to wait while he finds his pistol and flicks on the laser light, only
to find out the wal-mart batteries he bought have corroded it out.

Mr. Bayliner...the great offshore boater, plying the deep, dangerous, and
dark waters of...Kansas.

--
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

P Fritz

Fits harry like a glove

"The other "punishment" narcissists mete out is banishing you from their
glorious presence"

"The narcissist expects that you will be devastated by the withdrawal of
her/his divine attention, so that after a while -- a few weeks or months
(i.e., the next time the narcissist needs to use you for something) -- the
narcissist will expect you to have learned your lesson and be eager to
return to the fold. If you have learned your lesson"

"They can't see that they have a problem; it's always somebody else who
has the problem and needs to change"

Don White wrote:
Skipper wrote:
[...]

Bryan

manor. wrote in :

Our youngest daughter will be turning 16 in Jan. My wife wants to
give her a GPS unit for the car. My wife's logic is she would be a
safer driver, if she didn't knew where she was going, and was not
looking for street names and addresses.

It seems to me that another electronic toy in the car is just another
thing to distract her from watching the road.

"Another" electronic toy? Guess for her 15th you got her a vibrator?

What the hell is wrong with you! Do you need medication? See a shrink.

Bryan

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .
Geeez...a cell phone, gps, blabbing friends, blaring tunes...Hope your
insurance is paid up. Oh, and please tell us where she will be driving, so
we can get the hell out of the way.
JR

JR,

You seem to have an absence of faith in our youth. Say it ain't so. I'll
bet you were young once.

Bryan

wrote in message ...
JR,
NP, my wife wanted our daughter to learn how to drink coffee while
applying makeup and chatting on the phone all at the same time. I thought
the GPS unit was over the top, but as long as she has a nice quiet
neighborhood to practice in, it probably will be ok.

You forgot to teach her how to eat the Carls Jr. double cheeseburger
without getting food on her clothes!

Don White

wrote in message ...

JR,
NP, my wife wanted our daughter to learn how to drink coffee while
applying makeup and chatting on the phone all at the same time. I thought
the GPS unit was over the top, but as long as she has a nice quiet
neighborhood to practice in, it probably will be ok.

You forgot to teach her how to eat the Carls Jr. double cheeseburger
without getting food on her clothes!

I read that people were putting DVD players in the front console of
their car. That will be the next problem...best stay off the streets
when the 'soaps' are on.