Bert Robbins

Default OT--Bush approval...and how things have changed in one month

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 03:15:24 +0000, NOYB wrote:

"George W. Bush has the broadest personal appeal of any national
political
figure among the main independent groups, the Upbeats and Disaffecteds.
"

I wouldn't get to excited about the Disaffecteds, they tend not to vote.
;-)

As for the demographics, I wasn't using the Pew source exclusively. As I
have stated, the Republican base is white males. That demographic is
declining. The fastest growing ethnic grouping, Hispanics, tend Democrat
by 2 to 1. Couple that with women, blacks, and other minorities, the
Republicans need to expand their base, towards the center. Also, don't
overlook the schisms that develop when one becomes a majority party. I
know you are hoping, but the "right wing" doesn't address the needs of
middle America. By slight numbers, there are still more Democrats than
Republicans, but basically 1/3 Dems, 1/3 Reps, and 1/3 Inds. The 15-20%
truly "right", can't win elections by themselves.

Despite all of your statistics, you don't seem to be able to explain this
fact:

voters have been voting for more Republicans than Democrats in each
election since 1994.

Statistics don't mean much when the actual elections prove otherwise.

The only poll that counts is the one conducted to elect our representatives
and other government officials (Governors, Attys General, Mayor, President).

Bert Robbins

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:23:21 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Despite all of your statistics, you don't seem to be able to explain this
fact:

voters have been voting for more Republicans than Democrats in each
election since 1994.

Statistics don't mean much when the actual elections prove otherwise.

Ah, but you are looking back. I'm looking forward. ;-)

They say that past performance is not a predictor of future performance but,
it is about the only thing that can be relied upon.

NOYB

"Dixon" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...
CBS (+5 percentage points)
10/30-11/1 35%
12/2-12/6 40%

AP-Ipsos (+5 percentage points)
11/7-11/9 37%
12/5-12/7 42%

Fox (+6 percentage points)
11/8-11/9 36%
11/29-11/30 42%

Despite an onslaught of negativity coming from the Dems, Bush's numbers
have actually rebounded quite a bit in the last month.

Wow! That really is great news. I'm sure that bush will soon hit 3%
approval among blacks at the rate he's going.

'Bush earns approval from 49% of white Americans and just 11% of those who
are black or African-American'
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm