Skipper

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

Dan Krueger wrote:

The laser sight can save your life in life threatening situation. It
allows you to protect vital body parts while delivering a fatal blow.
Iron sights do not.

What in the hell are you trying to say? Read what you posted again.

None of us *expect* to be put into life threatening situations by
intruders to our homes...but it does happen. Perhaps the best time to
think about your best course of action should that happen is *before*
the perp enters your home. First, the laser is a great persuader that
has the potential of defusing the situation without firing a shot. That
really is the best resolution. Second, the laser dot allows you to take
aim from many body positions, while iron sights require the shooter to
expose his head while taking aim. Third, the cost of adding laser sights
to a defensive weapon in minuscule when measured against you life. One
can think of laser sights as being cheap life insurance and an
investment in avoiding legal fees.

The laser sights give new meaning to the term, shooting from the hip.
Accurate results can result from that position...laser assisted. Again,
no one expects to be placed in a position to protect your life and
property with a gun, but it does happen, and it's best to be properly
prepared.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Dan Krueger wrote:

Read...and learn:

http://www.crimsontrace.com/5things.pdf

Sure, if the guy is looking at his shirt instead of you. How do they
help for home protection? Do you think a confrontation like that last
for more than 10 seconds? You have been watching too many moves, Dave.

An intruder break into your home. You confront him with a laser dot
bouncing on his chest and command the perp, "freeze or your dead." What
does the perp do? What do you do? Does it remind you of those words from
the Godfather movie regarding what Michael holds in his hand when he
emerges from the mens room?

--
Skipper
Wayne.B

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:13:11 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the laser sight give up your own
position also?

The laser sight can save your life in life threatening situation. It
allows you to protect vital body parts while delivering a fatal blow.
Iron sights do not.

=======================

Perhaps, but that was not my question.

Dan Krueger

Skipper wrote:
Dan Krueger wrote:

[...]

First - How much time do you think you have to react when someone
threatens you? A laser sight is not going to make a difference.

Second (following your post) - This is insane. You think you have time
to select a particular spot on your target (the intruder)? How does a
laser sight keep you from exposing your head while taking aim? You can
buy a laser pointer if you really think this stunt will be effective.

Third - Sure they are cheap. They are also great for the firing range.
How can they save you legal fees??? BTW - Life insurance is paid when
you die so laser sights, in your scenario, only facilitate the pay out
of life insurance.

Do you really own a gun? Have you considered what a real encounter with
an intruder would be like?

Again, too many movies, Dave...

Dan

Skipper

"Wayne.B" wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the laser sight give up your own
position also?

The laser sight can save your life in life threatening situation. It
allows you to protect vital body parts while delivering a fatal blow.
Iron sights do not.

Perhaps, but that was not my question.

When you place that dancing red dot on the perp's chest, I'd hope your
voice gives your position away. Do you intend to shoot *before*
commanding the intruder to freeze? Lawyers will have a field day with
that one. Bottom line, laser sights are a good investment for home
defense.

Oh, and BTW, invoking the laser dot is optional with the C/T grips. It
does not have to be displayed until trigger pull.

--
Skipper

Don White

Dan Krueger wrote:

Got anything to add, Don? Know anything about guns (or boats)? Own a
gun (or a boat)? Go away.

Guns???
This is a boating newsgroup dip****.

thunder

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:17:41 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Second, the laser dot allows you to take aim from
many body positions, while iron sights require the shooter to expose his
head while taking aim.

Help me out here, unless you are using a mirror, how do you see the dot
without exposing your head, or at least your eyes?
Dan Krueger

Don White wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

Got anything to add, Don? Know anything about guns (or boats)? Own a
gun (or a boat)? Go away.

Guns???
This is a boating newsgroup dip****.

Selective quoting... I was responding to your non-boating post.
Remember, dip****?
Dan Krueger

Skipper wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

Read...and learn:

http://www.crimsontrace.com/5things.pdf

Sure, if the guy is looking at his shirt instead of you. How do they
help for home protection? Do you think a confrontation like that last
for more than 10 seconds? You have been watching too many moves, Dave.

An intruder break into your home. You confront him with a laser dot
bouncing on his chest and command the perp, "freeze or your dead." What
does the perp do? What do you do? Does it remind you of those words from
the Godfather movie regarding what Michael holds in his hand when he
emerges from the mens room?

--
Skipper

An intruder breaks into your home. You are sitting on the couch in the
dark with a fully loaded .45 with a laser.

Is that how it happens, Dave? Not in my house. I have guns. Loaded
guns. But I don't walk around with one. Again...you have been watching
too many movies, Dave.