John Gaquin

Default Our Team of Righties Heads for Iraq

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

John Herring driving a bright yellow jet fuel truck from the refineries
to the Baghdad airport, and almost making it until the payload of an RPG

Haven't heard much about that airport "Highway of Death" lately, have you?
That's because for almost a year now it has been wide open, with commerce
flowing on a daily basis. Likewise, the main highways from Baghdad to
Kirkuk and Baghdad to Amman. But of course, you won't hear much about this
on the nightly news or in the Times or Post, for the simple reason that such
news won't hurt Bush. But these are facts, and facts are immutable. The
people know what's going on.

thunder

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:25:36 -0500, John Gaquin wrote:

Haven't heard much about that airport "Highway of Death" lately, have you?
That's because for almost a year now it has been wide open, with commerce
flowing on a daily basis. Likewise, the main highways from Baghdad to
Kirkuk and Baghdad to Amman. But of course, you won't hear much about
this on the nightly news or in the Times or Post, for the simple reason
that such news won't hurt Bush. But these are facts, and facts are
immutable. The people know what's going on.

Guy, there's 1000 soldiers trying to secure that road, and with much
success, but it still isn't "wide open". Let's see 6 miles of road, 1000
soldiers, hmmm. How many miles of highway are there in Iraq?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...s_1n5road.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...n1007984.shtml
John H.

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:25:36 -0500, "John Gaquin" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

John Herring driving a bright yellow jet fuel truck from the refineries
to the Baghdad airport, and almost making it until the payload of an RPG

Haven't heard much about that airport "Highway of Death" lately, have you?
That's because for almost a year now it has been wide open, with commerce
flowing on a daily basis. Likewise, the main highways from Baghdad to
Kirkuk and Baghdad to Amman. But of course, you won't hear much about this
on the nightly news or in the Times or Post, for the simple reason that such
news won't hurt Bush. But these are facts, and facts are immutable. The
people know what's going on.

You mean it's not due to the yellow truck?

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.